Turn on thread page Beta

Law at Surrey University watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who are going put Surrey University as firm offer?

I'm very tempted already. I absolutely love the 4 year course. it sounds so cool. but i'm going to their open day next week.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm hoping to go to Southampton or Sussex for Law but I went to an Open day to Surrey on the 18th of Jan and loved the area and the Uni.

Now I need to think!

ReputationRep:
    Surrey's in an awesome location - between a huge supermarket, Guildford town centre and train station; cheap housing around despite Guildford being generally expensive. 31 minutes by train to Waterloo; nice area to live; lovely Campus. Just a shame that the Uni, and the Law course in particular, does not have a great reputation.

ReputationRep:
    FYI... according to wikipedia...

"In 2004 the University was ranked by Virgin's Student Guide as the university where students have the highest chance of 'pulling'. A tabloid paper took this further, claiming that students at this university have the highest chance of having sex in their first month at the university."

Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iz_a_bell)
    FYI... according to wikipedia...

"In 2004 the University was ranked by Virgin's Student Guide as the university where students have the highest chance of 'pulling'. A tabloid paper took this further, claiming that students at this university have the highest chance of having sex in their first month at the university."

Lol!

Sign me up.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I knew Surrey was voted the uni with the most attractive students but not the most promiscuous. How on earth do they calculate that anyway?! Wouldn't be over-surprised if it were true though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Surrey law is 4 years? wow do they do a placement for that extra year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren18)
    LOL! I knew Surrey was voted the uni with the most attractive students but not the most promiscuous.
    Glad I applied to surrey. good thing i'm single now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    Surrey law is 4 years? wow do they do a placement for that extra year?
    yea. in the third year, we are meant to go abroad to study in any european unis for 6 months and work placement for the rest of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's nice. Wish I have those opportunities too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren18)
    LOL! I knew Surrey was voted the uni with the most attractive students but not the most promiscuous. How on earth do they calculate that anyway?! Wouldn't be over-surprised if it were true though :p:
    Mmmm interesting! Just when I had made up my mind about where to go, you go and throw a spanner in the works! May have to re-think my choices now

But on a serious note, I did love the Surrey campus and the law department does look good, plus they have given me an unconditional for 2006. I'm not trying to justify anything, you can't prove it!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clifflee)
    Mmmm interesting! Just when I had made up my mind about where to go, you go and throw a spanner in the works! May have to re-think my choices now
    Lol please don't re-think purely on the grounds of promiscuity! If you have any specific questions about Surrey send me a PM and I'll do my best to help you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2006

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.