Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit weird, my offer came up on ucas the other day saying that it was an offer of AA excluding general studies (which I dont do anyway). However my leter said AA from chemistry, physics and further mathematics. Does this mean that since I already have an A in normal maths (although it is uncertificated at the moment) I now only need one A from those three subjects? It seems like they have made a mistake, but the ucas offer is binding (I think).

Im going to speak to the person in charge of oxbridge stuff at school tomorrow, but wondered if anyone knows anything?

ReputationRep:
    ucas may have made a mistake, email the college and check

ReputationRep:
    Check it doesn't say something like 'subject to getting AA in your forthcoming/June exams', thereby excluding your already-achieved Maths A. I can't remember if UCAS ever says anything like this, but it's just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    i think all offers are for forthcoming exams only, so your offer on ucas is the same as the offer in your letter

ReputationRep:
    It's probably for forthcoming exams. My offer was AAA when I already had an A in Biology, and they didn't count it.

ReputationRep:
    Yup but i havent certificated the A yet, so other universities have said subject to you getting an A in maths... So surely it can still count towards the offer. Plus it doenst say in forth coming exams, just 'AA excluding general studies'

ReputationRep:
    Then colour me stumped

ReputationRep:
    call them and ask

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.