Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there peeps well done on all your offers.

I have applied to the following;

Oxford
    Manchester
    Warwick
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    Leicester

I have been accepted unconditionally on all except Birmingham! and that was gona be my first choice hahahaha, never mind, im now thinking to defo goto warwick, anyone else going there? or plans to go there? I had an interview so if anyone wants to know anything let me know? or if anyone wants to just chat n be mates or watever email meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sunny
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnyt)
    Hi there peeps well done on all your offers.

I have applied to the following;

Oxford
    Manchester
    Warwick
    Nottingham
    Birmingham
    Leicester

I have been accepted unconditionally on all except Birmingham! and that was gona be my first choice hahahaha, never mind, im now thinking to defo goto warwick, anyone else going there? or plans to go there? I had an interview so if anyone wants to know anything let me know? or if anyone wants to just chat n be mates or watever email meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sunny
    [email protected]

so, you've decided to go to warwick, over oxford?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeah warwicks really good too!!!!, I went to the open day at oxford, it is really dry, I didnt fit in. Its also proven that employers tend to not want to recruit people from oxford dunno why, but I still have a while to make up my decision, Oxford and Cambridge are realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy dry! You would be a Zombie for the rest of your three years at Uni!

Sunny T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnyt)
    Its also proven that employers tend to not want to recruit people from oxford
    they do actually... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I heard the warwick law school was on a par or better than oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I heard the warwick law school was on a par or better than oxford
    So is that why, whether rightly or wrongly, there are still top law firms out there who are very reluctant to recruit anyone who didn't go to either Oxford or Cambridge? Of all the professions, I would have said law is one which is still very much dominated by Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    So is that why, whether rightly or wrongly, there are still top law firms out there who are very reluctant to recruit anyone who didn't go to either Oxford or Cambridge? Of all the professions, I would have said law is one which is still very much dominated by Oxbridge.
    I don't think that law firms are as obsessed with oxbridge as you think. Going to another univ that is still a top one but not oxbridge is by no means going to mean automatic rejection at a big law firm. In fact I venture to say that they would consider you quite seriously for a place.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.