Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any subjects they wish'd they'd chosen but didn't. What subjects have you dropped/regret taking?
    at the mo i have no regrets but we'll see if ive changed my tune come mid march when we get results of the jan modules

ReputationRep:
    If i could do college again i would do Politics instead of Law. It would have been alot more interesting and would have gone well with economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceboi)
    anyone got any subjects they wish'd they'd chosen but didn't.
    nope

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd taken english instead of maths, then I would have got a good grade. Annoyingly, I had asked to switch at the start of sixth form, but they told me it wouldn't fit with my timetable, so I was stuck doing maths anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of the few people at my school to have kept exactly the same subjects from when I first chose them in January of Year 11 to January of Year 13, so I must be pretty happy with them :p: There are no subjects I wish I'd taken, so the only thing I'm kind of regretting at the moment is not dropping history after AS.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had taken RS instead of Physics. The Physics workload is large enough (although manageable), but combine that with a teacher who is quite..terrible, and it's an uphill struggle. Although it is a well respected subject, I don't actually NEED it for what I'm planning to do at Uni and wish now that I'd taken a less fact-heavy subject like RS. I'll probably land up with a B for Physics whereas I most likely would have gotten an A at RS (Not because it's easy, but because I was fairly good at it), which is slightly annoying.

I'd have done an NVQ qualification instead of AVCE ICT, Health and Social Care instead of Social Science, and Psychology instead of Chemistry:

Biology
    NVQ Computing\IT
    Psychology
    Health\Social Care

Instead of:

Biology
    Chemistry
    AVCE ICT
    Social Science (AS)
    Psychology (AS)

ReputationRep:
    My Physics lessons are terrible as well. I regret taking it. I wanted to do Economics/History/Geography but none were on offer, only sociology which i'm not that fond of...

ReputationRep:
    I originally chose Maths, Biology, ICT and Economics for AS but swapped ICT for Chemistry right at the start of the year and Economics for Physics about 4 weeks into the year. Given the oppurtunity to chose again, I would have gone for Chemistry and Physics right from the start.

I would also swap Biology for Further Maths and maybe take French as a 5th AS. So overall I guess it would be nice if i did actually get the chance to choose again :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not that I haven't mentioned it in passing on this forum before (*whistles*) but if only I'd taken English instead of physics..... Bloody subject isn't real anyway.... (*fights back raging physicists with a pendulum and a particle accelerator....*)

ReputationRep:
    i wish i hadnt taken AS history, i should have taken psychology instead

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had done Philosophy and Ethics as my 4th A-Level instead of French then I probably would have got a good AS grade instead of a stupid C. Also, I probably would have dropped media studies at AS and carried on with English, History and Philosophy and Ethics for A2. I think I would have got into more unis then instead of just Exeter and Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I REALLY regret doing Biology and French - instead I want to do Physics and Economics. I think I may just do a French AS and do an AS in Physics/Economics next year to make up for it...

ReputationRep:
    i really regret taking ancient history. i don't think i've actually learned anything over the AS year and half this A level year

ReputationRep:
    I wish I hadn't taken maths. By the time I realised how much I hated it, it was too late to swap and I was stuck taking it to AS.

ReputationRep:
    I would go all the way back to year 9 and choose GCSE German instead of GCSE IT. Then I would have taken AS German instead of AS Electronics. I do enjoy Electronics, but I really enjoy German, unfortunately for me, my love of German didn't kick in until well after I chose my GCSE options!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I didn't do chemistry it's too hard, should or done geography instead.

ReputationRep:
    Should have done geography or biology instead of chemistry last year.

ReputationRep:
    Media they advertise it as something really exciting spesh because we are a media arts school. It is mind numbing boring! but I am so glad I took theatre it is really amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Economics *cough*

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.