Turn on thread page Beta

wat do u wear wen ur fat? watch

Announcements

i weigh 66 kilos n im 5'4...wat do i wear???!!! im a big fan of baggies but every1 sez their not 'fashionable' or watever...i dnt rely care only i dnt noe wat else 2 wair n i wanna look gud...any help?? (tellng me 2 lose weight isnt gona work..anythng else???)

ReputationRep:
    Is that something like 11 stones? What size?

ReputationRep:
    Your weight is fine. Wear whatever you want. Anything you feel confident in will make you look good.

(Original post by KerriT)
    Is that something like 11 stones? What size?
    It's just a little over 10 stone. I'm guessing she's anywhere between 8-12 so I don't really understand what the problem is, since I'm only a few kilos less than her, same height, and I'm a size 10.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    66kg and 5'4 is not fat. That is within the usual weight bracket for your height. If you are particularly conscious of a particular area of your body then try and wear clothes suited to your shape. E.g: boot leg jeans if you have wide hips etc. Try and draw attention away from those areas by flattering those bits you like (if that makes any sense). It's all about feeling comfortable, not bothering what is "in." You make your own style

ReputationRep:
    10st is normal for 5ft4??? i thought the ideal weight for that height would be around 8st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison_141288)
    10st is normal for 5ft4??? i thought the ideal weight for that height would be around 8st
    Now how many hours a week do you spend reading tabloids/Heat? :rolleyes:

Actually, I thought the same thing and I don't read the tabloids or Heat or anything like that. I was just guessing. I'm 5ft and I've always thought that my ideal weight should be just below 8st. I don't know where I got that from... I think I just made it up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fat.

ReputationRep:
    A tent?

------

Sorry, realised that was not helpful. Most shops stock sizes 6-22 (iirc) so take your pick really. Sorry, i refuse to massgae someones ego with "aww your not fat really...". I weigh a little less then you and am the same height and i'm fine.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I'm guessing that you should wear whatever you want, but stay away from stuff that is really tight/clingy if you think that you're fat, as it may emphasise parts of your body that you'd rather not. I'm not being rude, but that would just make sense in my head, as for example I know guys who are overweight, and hence they don't walk around in drainpipe jeans and tight t-shirts as it doesn't work for them, and hence I'd think that the same sensible idea would apply to girls.

ReputationRep:
    Go for darker colours, more simple patterns and designs eg not too frilly, flower print all over etc! Make sure the clothes arent too small for example allowing any tummy flab to show, draw attention to ur assets. Use accessories to help with this and to cover up less attractive bits such as wearing shawl or baggy cardigan to hide flabby arms, big scarves, big belts to hide love handles. Longer hair can sometimes help, it streamlines ur figure; saying that, long necklaces, longer tops and cardigans (below waist) also have this effect. Most importantly, wear with confidence and noone cares if ur not super skinny!

ReputationRep:
    When I'm fat?

Suffice it to say, but; whatever it is, it's apt to be strictly hypothetical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    When I'm fat?

Suffice it to say, but; whatever it is, it's apt to be strictly hypothetical.
    Unhelpful as always I see Profesh. :rolleyes:

Tell me, do you ever give a straight answer to a question?

ReputationRep:
    Lol this thread's funny :p: Pratikv, I got your PM and am replying to it now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Lol this thread's funny :p: Pratikv, I got your PM and am replying to it now!
    What PM? Oh, just realised - didn't I send that days ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    What PM? Oh, just realised - didn't I send that days ago?
    I'm really lazy with PMs sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    I'm really lazy with PMs sorry!
    Well, I'm going to be lazy with your PM and not read it for days now! :p:

Only kidding, I've read it already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pratikv)
    Tell me, do you ever give a straight answer to a question?
    Yes and no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilute)
    Now how many hours a week do you spend reading tabloids/Heat? :rolleyes:
    how about zero hours. im 5ft4 and weigh 8st and i thought that was towards the lower end of the normal weight.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.