What to do when the smallest bra size is too big?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Robinson's_Crusade
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have a 38" diameter chest - a genetic relic from my ancestors having lived high in mountains, I also have a very large lung capacity (and hence the large chest.)

However, my boobs are small, so a 38 AA is far, far too big. Just on cup size, about a 30 AA would be the cup size needed. What should I do?
Maoam.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Andythepiano
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know a couple of girls with very small boobs, they just don't wear a bra. It's not a problem. People won't notice unless you make it obvious.
Tsubasa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
go to marks and spencer or debanems to get measured and see what they have to say. they always pop out and fetch bras for you to try on after measuring you.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Maoam.)
Is that a man shielding his moobs from a turkey? :lolwut:
Robinson's_Crusade
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tsubasa)
go to marks and spencer or debanems to get measured and see what they have to say. they always pop out and fetch bras for you to try on after measuring you.
I have. They got me a 38AA to try on, but said at the beginning they thought it would be too big and, lo and behold, it was.

I'm currently not bothering. I'm fine with that, there's practically nothing there to be worthy of wearing a bra, but I've heard it's bad?
malleablegrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sports bras/ crop tops? that's what I used to do when I was really flat chested.
Stringer987
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL
Maoam.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Is that a man shielding his moobs from a turkey? :lolwut:
Lol, no just me trying to gain pos
Tsubasa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Robinson's_Crusade)
I have. They got me a 38AA to try on, but said at the beginning they thought it would be too big and, lo and behold, it was.

I'm currently not bothering. I'm fine with that, there's practically nothing there to be worthy of wearing a bra, but I've heard it's bad?
so that's all they had for you and after it didn't even fit? :confused: i would go for a crop top or something like above poster said. i wear them too as i'm quite flat and can't be arsed with trying on 100's of bras to find one to fit, i'm an awkward measurement too.
Historophilia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not bad as such, since your boobs are small you won't have to worry about them sagging or the tissue being unsupported as girls with bigger boobs do.

You're also not going to be uncomfortable when not wearing one as they aren't going to be bouncing around again as bigger boobs will.

The only thing to worry about is *ahem* your nipples showing through your clothes when it's cold.

You can get camisole vests with supporting bits in them for your boobs, I've seen ones in Uniqlo where the inserts look like proper bra cups and the ones with a sort of fabric bandeau sewn inside I've seen everywhere, try Marks and Spencer. Maybe try wearing those under your clothes.
Robinson's_Crusade
Rep:
?
(Original post by Historophilia)
The only thing to worry about is *ahem* your nipples showing through your clothes when it's cold.
Oh no, that's not a problem - they're both inverted.

Unfortunately, I have a naturally very high body temperature, so wearing layers of clothes easily overheats me.
Robinson's_Crusade
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stringer987)
LOL
What's funny? :confused:
Historophilia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh no, that's not a problem - they're both inverted.

Unfortunately, I have a naturally very high body temperature, so wearing layers of clothes easily overheats me.
Convenient

Ah that makes it trickier, maybe just buy one and see how it goes? During the winter you might not mind so much.

And during the summer you could just wear them as tops on their own. That's one thing about having small boobs, you can wear tops that would look too revealing on someone with big boobs and look fine

Also, perhaps buy them from cheaper shops where the quality of the material will be poorer and so less warming ie. Primark rather than Uniqlo where the quality is actually very good.
1mum
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you wanted to wear a bra (perhaps if dressed up & wanted a bit more shape) then this site has small cup sized bras.
http://www.daintylady.co.uk/
Robinson's_Crusade
Rep:
?
(Original post by Historophilia)
Convenient

Ah that makes it trickier, maybe just buy one and see how it goes? During the winter you might not mind so much.

And during the summer you could just wear them as tops on their own. That's one thing about having small boobs, you can wear tops that would look too revealing on someone with big boobs and look fine

Also, perhaps buy them from cheaper shops where the quality of the material will be poorer and so less warming ie. Primark rather than Uniqlo where the quality is actually very good.
Bizarrely, I tend to get worse in winter - it's like my body goes into over-drive to keep itself warm, so much so that it makes itself too warm, if that makes sense? :confused: I'll still sleep sans clothing on top of the covers during mid-winter, it's not unheard of.
Historophilia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bizarrely, I tend to get worse in winter - it's like my body goes into over-drive to keep itself warm, so much so that it makes itself too warm, if that makes sense? :confused: I'll still sleep sans clothing on top of the covers during mid-winter, it's not unheard of.
Damn that sounds like a useful piece of evolution right there!

I am terrible with the cold, I'm mostly Scottish so you'd think I'd be fine but no clearly the one Greek bit is the overriding set of DNA!
Lazuliblue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have a 38" diameter chest - a genetic relic from my ancestors having lived high in mountains, I also have a very large lung capacity (and hence the large chest.)

However, my boobs are small, so a 38 AA is far, far too big. Just on cup size, about a 30 AA would be the cup size needed. What should I do?
www.daintylady.co.uk

I get my bras from there and they're lovely, I'm a 36AAA with them and they fit perfectly.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

It protects your nipples showing when it's cold? :dontknow:
ms1024
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
implants.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads