Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When can you start applying for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the university. For some it's as soon as you get an offer. For others it's after Results Day when it's confirmed that you're going to that university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Depends on the university. For some it's as soon as you get an offer. For others it's after Results Day when it's confirmed that you're going to that university.
    thanks...do you have any idea about Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    thanks...do you have any idea about Leeds?
    http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/apply.htm

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    thanks!
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    can the person who gave me rep for this please tell me and remember to sign it in future

ReputationRep:
    ahhh too scared?

ReputationRep:
    what about deferred entry? would you wait to apply next year?

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnaB041986)
    what about deferred entry? would you wait to apply next year?

Donna
    -x-
    Yes, you'd apply with those whose year you're joining.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you would be at a disadvantage if you don't receive an offer till late so you are late applying for accommodation or do the unis sort it out once they ALL come back in to give everyone a fair chance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *smile*)
    Do you think you would be at a disadvantage if you don't receive an offer till late so you are late applying for accommodation or do the unis sort it out once they ALL come back in to give everyone a fair chance??
    I think the unis wait for them all to come in as opposed to a "first come first served" basis. I think they review each application so that candidates with similar interests are put together or something, that's the case with shared rooms at uni anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I think the unis wait for them all to come in as opposed to a "first come first served" basis.
    i know portsmouth accommodation alocation policy is a 'first come, first served' thing, but that is all i know!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.