Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Times are hard right now for a lot of scrappies, but still an odd attitude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    Times are hard right now for a lot of scrappies, but still an odd attitude!
    Their scrappy is jam packed!!! Honestly, they have so much stuff! They had at least 3 other of these plastic bits... I could have stole it and he wouldn't have realised! :rolleyes: But I didn't, I'm a good person...I just didn't want to pay £5!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    £60 for a bolt! French cars are the kings of bad build quality
    Not £60 for just a bolt. It was something like that for a new runner.

ReputationRep:
    NOT A PUNTO omg they are horrendous in my experience!!

I Learnt in one, and the instructor said he'd never get another as it was always falling apart

My boyfriend has one, its an 02 reg he got it from a really old guy - it had hardly been used! within a few weeks the gearbox went, its had 2 tyres go in less than 6 months which is mad

We live up north and its been cold recently, most mornings it struggles to start in the cold and it packed in totally the other week - the AA man had to come and reattach some things to the battery which had expanded and contracted in the cold and fallen off!!

Stupid car! - Buy a honda and have done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    Their scrappy is jam packed!!! Honestly, they have so much stuff! They had at least 3 other of these plastic bits... I could have stole it and he wouldn't have realised! :rolleyes: But I didn't, I'm a good person...I just didn't want to pay £5!! :p:
    But how much do they sell? As cars are getting more complex, people are turning away from DIY work. Recent(ish) legislation has meant running a scrap yard has become a very expensive business and it has put a lot of places out of business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage Noodles)

My boyfriend has one, its an 02 reg he got it from a really old guy - it had hardly been used! within a few weeks the gearbox went, its had 2 tyres go in less than 6 months which is mad

We live up north and its been cold recently, most mornings it struggles to start in the cold and it packed in totally the other week - the AA man had to come and reattach some things to the battery which had expanded and contracted in the cold and fallen off!!

Stupid car! - Buy a honda and have done
    Gearboxes are pretty good on the punto mk1 and mk2, was obviously poorly looked after or just unlucky. Having to have 2 new tyres in 6 months isn't a reflection on the car but the driver...lol.

Again, poor maintenance would lead to cold starting troubles, the fire engine is world famous for being one of the better engines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    But how much do they sell? As cars are getting more complex, people are turning away from DIY work. Recent(ish) legislation has meant running a scrap yard has become a very expensive business and it has put a lot of places out of business
    Good point, but I'm still annoyed! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So am I, so am I

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying but im looking at older cars before 2000 and im not sure what the older models are like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_lee)
    Yep, exactly the same one!!! :p: Well I went to the scrapyard today for a new brake calliper (sp?) and asked if they had that bit of plastic aswel. He did, but when I asked how much he said £25 for the calliper and £5 for the plastic :eek: I took the calliper and left the plastic...I don't mean to sound stuck up or whatever but £5 for a silly bit of plastic, I don't think so! The only bloody reason he charges so much is because he's the only scrapyard around my area that only does French car parts. What a cheek! I'd rather my indicator be hanging out :p:
    I would have taken it for a fiver tbh. The Citroen garage wanted a lot more than that - about £15 - 20 if i remember correctly!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying but im looking at older cars before 2000 and im not sure what the older models are like.
    Definately Punto then

ReputationRep:
    Definately Punto then
    So your kind of half admitting that an 02 or new car would have been the Corsa then

Pre-2000 is Punto and Corsa Territory. Toss up between the two - which ever you prefer.

ReputationRep:
    So your kind of half admitting that an 02 or new car would have been the Corsa then
    No. Im saying that the Pre 2000 models of Corsa are alot worse than a pre 2000 Punto

ReputationRep:
    No. Im saying that the Pre 2000 models of Corsa are alot worse than a pre 2000 Punto
    Is that really true is a punto more reliable its just i actually like the look of corsa's a lot more but i suppose i will have to get a car which is least likely to need new parts or break down:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znicz)
    Is that really true is a punto more reliable its just i actually like the look of corsa's a lot more but i suppose i will have to get a car which is least likely to need new parts or break down:rolleyes:
    I personally wouldn't say so.
    Drive both and then you'll get a feel for what both of them are like.

The Punto pre-2000 is known to be a stong solid car, but offers little quality and one eyesore of an interior with a clutch that requires hulk hogan to operate.

The Corsa doesn't exactly state 'I'm rock solid' like the Punto, but it makes up for it in cheap and easy parts, better interior IMO and better external looks.

It really doesn't matter whichever one you choose. You won't kick yourself after. It would be a 50/50 with me, to see what best deal I can get from the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by znicz)
    OMGWTF is a big Punto fan, so maybe a little biased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    OMGWTF is a big Punto fan, so maybe a little biased
    Really? Never knew that lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Really? Never knew that lol!
    Yeah, unless ive got the wrong person :p:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ighlight=punto

^ Post 17 .... hehe. Punto is suggested everytime small cars comes up :p:

I think i can conclude im talking about the same member

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do like my Punto's

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do like my Punto's
    hehe. Ive got no problem with you recommending Puntos, i was just letting the OP (?) know that you might be a little biased

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.