Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The main reason why you are told not to drink alcohol whilst on antibiotics is that antibiotics makes you get drunk super fast! (as i found out during freshers week last year!!!) As far as i am aware there is no medical reasona lthough seeing as antibiotics make you feel generally crap you dont normally feel like drinking anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by messy)
    The main reason why you are told not to drink alcohol whilst on antibiotics is that antibiotics makes you get drunk super fast! (as i found out during freshers week last year!!!) As far as i am aware there is no medical reasona lthough seeing as antibiotics make you feel generally crap you dont normally feel like drinking anyway.
    Some antibiotics will react with alcohol though, so I wouldn't use that as a hard and fast rule.

Having said that pennicillin shouldn't have any adverse reaction with alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Tonsilitus is horrible. Hopefully you'll start feeling better within the next few days. Drink lots of fluids and carry on taking your medication as usual. Make sure you finish the whole course of antibiotics .

Get well soon
    wow did u really get 30A*s?! that's amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azn-wonder91)
    wow did u really get 30A*s?! that's amazing
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Thanks
    hehe did you take them all in year 10 and 11? i'm still in shock-isnt it like a world record or something?

ReputationRep:
    hehe did you take them all in year 10 and 11? i'm still in shock-isnt it like a world record or something?
    No way that would be impossible i'm not superhuman. I started when I was really young and did a few every year. There are some really random GCSE's out there. They aren't that hard if you apply yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    No way that would be impossible i'm not superhuman. I started when I was really young and did a few every year. There are some really random GCSE's out there. They aren't that hard if you apply yourself.
    haha cool.
    ah well i'm done with GCSEs
    you make my 6a*s seem measely though lol
    well done anyway and good luck with whatever you're doing now

ReputationRep:
    haha cool.
    ah well i'm done with GCSEs
    you make my 6a*s seem measely though lol
    well done anyway and good luck with whatever you're doing now
    Nah 6 is cool. Times it by 5 and you get the same as me! Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Sarky is right, just follow your dreams, work hard, work hard and...work hard!
    Motivation is the key, but it has to be the right kind of motivation, you have to work to fulfil your own potential, push yourself to your limits, keep pushing the boundaries back, constantly improving yourself. As soon as it becomes egotistical or about looking good to other people it all falls apart...It's like a long distance runner; they are never really racing their fellow competitors, they are racing themselves.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keybolasosa)
    Hey, I've had tonsilitus since about thursday.

Went to the doctors yesturday and they gave my penicilin to take for ten days!

Anyone know how long tonsilitus usually lasts?

Anyone got any tips for making it last less?

It's really starting to annoying me now.:hmmm:
    Haha I've literally just recovered from it, although mine was viral whereas your's is bacterial hence the penicillin.

Buy a mouthwash called Oraldene and use it twice a day, its got anti-bacterial properties and its mint. But lozenges with local anasthetic and suck on 'em. Eat stuff like yogurt and ice cream...and get rest and don't talk too much or drink or smoke obviously.

Just gotta wait it out it will be about 2 weeks and it will get worse before it gets better I'm afraid!!

ReputationRep:
    ooh, i'm sympathizing with ya, op. Hated tonsilitis when i got it :cry: lol, for me it lasted about a week-10days-ish. Hope you feel better soon!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.