Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aston University
Hi everyone,

We just wanted to say good luck to all our applicants who are waiting for results on Thursday! On the morning of results day, if you want to confirm you have your place at Aston, please login to UCAS Track. There's more information about confirmation on our website: http://bit.ly/Nn39Xx

We've also added a "Why wait til September" tab to our Facebook page, so you can find out a bit more about what's happening during Freshers' and start to meet your coursemates and find your flatmates! http://on.fb.me/PTZ1sq

If you have any questions, please post them and we'll do our best to answer or point you in the right direction.

hey karen, im offered a BBB place at Aston and if i end up with ABC which is 300ucas points just like BBB, do you think Aston would accept me?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by master_blaster66
hey karen, im offered a BBB place at Aston and if i end up with ABC which is 300ucas points just like BBB, do you think Aston would accept me?

Hi master_blaster66,

We can only guarantee your place if you meet your offer. However, each year we are able to give places to some students who slightly missed their expected grades. This depends on if there are any places left and how far away your grades are from the orginal offer.

Login to UCAS Track on Thursday morning and check our Confirmation page for more guidance on what to do: http://bit.ly/Nn39Xx

Good luck for Thursday!
Reply 82
Hi master_blaster66,

We can only guarantee your place if you meet your offer. However, each year we are able to give places to some students who slightly missed their expected grades. This depends on if there are any places left and how far away your grades are from the orginal offer.

Login to UCAS Track on Thursday morning and check our Confirmation page for more guidance on what to do: http://bit.ly/Nn39Xx

Good luck for Thursday!

Hi there Karen, if I have Aston as my firm choice and I miss my offer is it likely I will still get my place or be offered another course in the Business School? Oh and do firm applicants who miss their offers take priority over students in clearing?
Original post by XO*
Hi there Karen, if I have Aston as my firm choice and I miss my offer is it likely I will still get my place or be offered another course in the Business School? Oh and do firm applicants who miss their offers take priority over students in clearing?

Hi, Uchenna here from the Comms team.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you the same answer as I gave master_blaster66 above...

In some cases, we may offer applicants who just miss their grades a place on a different (but related) course.

We get applicants' A Level results before Thursday. People who meet their offer are guaranteed their place, then, as I described above, we look at applicants who just missed their offer, then, on results day, we start looking at Clearing applicants.

Hope this answers your question!
Original post by JakeE10
If somebody's place is confirmed, how long after will it be that they receive an accommodation offer?

Hi
Accommodation offers are being processed all week following Results day tomorrow. You will receive an email with further instructions to the email address you placed on your application.

hope that helps.
Reply 85
Hi
Accommodation offers are being processed all week following Results day tomorrow. You will receive an email with further instructions to the email address you placed on your application.

hope that helps.

Ok Thankyou :smile:
Reply 86
If I'm predicted ABC for A2's and your Chemical Engineering course said I needed 3 B's to get in,would I still get an offer from Aston University?
Original post by The Guide.
If I'm predicted ABC for A2's and your Chemical Engineering course said I needed 3 B's to get in,would I still get an offer from Aston University?

Hi The Guide,

Well done on your AS Results. If you work hard on your A2's we will be happy to welcome you to Aston in 2013.
Reply 88
Original post by The Guide.

Hey bud i have just got my offer for aston i needed AAB
i ended up getting a BBB and they accepted me :smile:
Althout i was 3 ums off an A on two of the exams and 2 ums marks of the other one :smile:
Original post by mezzan
Althout i was 3 ums off an A on two of the exams and 2 ums marks of the other one :smile:

yh they will most probably put you in the Beng course
Reply 90
Original post by master_blaster66
yh they will most probably put you in the Beng course

beng?
Original post by mezzan
beng?

Beng= bachelors
Meng= masters
Congratulations to all our new students who'll be joining Aston this year! We're looking forward to welcoming you onto campus in September.

Our New Students website has information about Freshers' Week, Enrolment, what to bring, what not to bring and more...

We also have a "Why wait til September" section on our Facebook page for our new students.

If you have any questions about starting at Aston or Clearing, please let us know.
Reply 93
Congratulations to all our new students who'll be joining Aston this year! We're looking forward to welcoming you onto campus in September.

Our New Students website has information about Freshers' Week, Enrolment, what to bring, what not to bring and more...

We also have a "Why wait til September" section on our Facebook page for our new students.

If you have any questions about starting at Aston or Clearing, please let us know.

Hi im really worried about what's happening i just missed my offer by one grade but i was still unsuccessful but i still really want to go aston can i ring up and change my course to something else? I rang up yesterday it took me all day to get through they told me id been unsuccessful and thats it.. Do i have any options?
please reply
Hi Kalv,

Sorry to hear that you missed your offer. How flexible we can be on grades depends on how many places are left on the course you applied for. If we think a student is suitable for a different course, we usually make that offer at the time.

If you want to talk your situation through with someone, you will need to speak to our Admissions Team. Call the Clearing & Confirmation line on 0121 204 4444
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95
I am an international student, got the offer but my grades werent good enough to get the offer,
Aston asked for 300 ucas points and i got 200 points
cAlled and waited so long and they told me finally that since it says unsuccessful then nothing they can do
i have always wanted Aston
please what can i do?
:frown:
Reply 96
Hi Karen,

I was accepted into aston university yesterday (BSc German), however i have looked at what's in clearing at aston and there is a course which appeals to me lots (International Business and German)... is it possible to enquire about another course which is in clearing to see if you can swap??? or is this not possible??

The reason why i didnt originally apply for this course which is now in clearing was because the entry requirements were a little too high but they have now been lowered for clearing....

cheers :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
do you have one for engineering or sciences that i can contact?
Reply 98
Original post by mezzan

Ah alhamduillah bro! Thanks for the reassurance!
What's biomedical science like at Aston? I have an offer form there but am not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest