How do spiders get in my bedroom when I don't open any windows? Watch

FallonSmith
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I'm pretty scared of spiders but lately quite a couple of them have been cropping up around my room on my walls and ceiling. I don't open my windows during the day or at night because of this. At summer I have to have them open as the heat is too dry, hence there are lots more bugs in my room, but I can't really understand it leading up to winter.

I don't leave any food or drinks around, only a glass of water at night. I've sprayed fly spray in the past but I don't know if that really helps that much. Does anybody have an answer for this?
thetopnotch
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
Through the bedroom door? Along the ceiling?
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello Darling!, Usually they can slip through windows, attic, through floorboards they tend to come inside for the warmth!
Aijin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They probably get in through your door. I can imagine they get in the house through other ways then get in to your room through the door or through small holes around the house. I heard that conkers keep spiders away, something about they don't like the scent? Worth a try, haha!
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by thetopnotch)
Through the bedroom door? Along the ceiling?
Yes but I don't have any windows open in the house at all, so how could they get through the bedroom door?
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Hello Darling!, Usually they can slip through windows, attic, through floorboards they tend to come inside for the warmth!
I know that they like the bathroom. But is there any ways to prevent them from coming in? Spider spray?
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aijin)
They probably get in through your door. I can imagine they get in the house through other ways then get in to your room through the door or through small holes around the house. I heard that conkers keep spiders away, something about they don't like the scent? Worth a try, haha!
Conkers are worth a go! Not many conkers left though at this time of year, they all went a couple months ago. I'm scared they're all over my room
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FallonSmith)
I know that they like the bathroom. But is there any ways to prevent them from coming in? Spider spray?
You need to set up spider traps. I'll come around your bedroom give you a proper quote
NightWatch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You can buy conker spray online, i've heard that works quite well :P
iPhone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FallonSmith)
Yes but I don't have any windows open in the house at all, so how could they get through the bedroom door?
Little nooks and crannies .
TheGrandmaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been letting them in. Just a couple everyday. Didn't know it bothered you this much. My bad, I'll stop.
defuzion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you should be more worried about these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo
Nashy19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Look how small they are when the hatch, they can walk in through a closed door, through the floorboards and the sides of the carpet, through electrical sockets etc.

Spiders can lay eggs inside your skin while you sleep, you'll feel them moving, enjoy.

The Real Quaid
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They can come through light fittings, up through the floorboards...

I hope you're not afraid of them...

BECAUSE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by NightWatch)
You can buy conker spray online, i've heard that works quite well :P
I may try that. I just hate any bugs in my room. It's disgusting how people eat like seven spiders a year. Gives me the creeps...
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Real Quaid)
They can come through light fittings, up through the floorboards...

I hope you're not afraid of them...

BECAUSE THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

I'm very afraid.
Octohedral
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need to set up spider traps. I'll come around your bedroom give you a proper quote
You may get a shock if that's not her in her profile picture.
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nashy19)
Look how small they are when the hatch, they can walk in through a closed door, through the floorboards and the sides of the carpet, through electrical sockets etc.

Spiders can lay eggs inside your skin while you sleep, you'll feel them moving, enjoy.

This is going to give me nightmares tonight
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by defuzion)
you should be more worried about these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo
Thanks babe.
Already been attacked by these in Madeira before.
They had to exterminate the whole apartment.
FallonSmith
Rep:
?
LOLZ.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (161)
17.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (81)
8.8%
No I am happy with my course choice (547)
59.46%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (131)
14.24%

Watched Threads