Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got my Higher Physics prelim tomorrow and have been frantically searching google and other sites for higher physics resources.

Since im bored of physics at the moment, i thought i would share with you, all the :cool: cool people that do/have done physics, what i found

Feel free to add to this list btw i think this post deserves rep :rolleyes:

Anyway, its the one, the only, the original bbc bitesize I know, its not the best of sites, but anyway.

If you're wanting to discuss a specific problem, post in TSR Physics help

Or, if you dont get a reply there, try the HSN forum, which also has notes, etc, here

For past paper solutions, try the SQA Website or here

And finally, for those of you who have schools that have subscribed, there's Scholar

ReputationRep:
    You know I was thinking "that's quite a rep worthy post", but it went out of my head as soon as I saw the subtle hint

ReputationRep:
    Hey my old Physics teacher from high school created a site to help with standard grade and higher physics. It's a really easy way to learn the subject.
    If there's anything that's not on the site you can also send him an email with any extra questions you have.
    http://www.helpmyphysics.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    You know I was thinking "that's quite a rep worthy post", but it went out of my head as soon as I saw the subtle hint
    :eek: ah well....i did try

(Original post by katy18)
    Hey my old Physics teacher from high school created a site to help with standard grade and higher physics. It's a really easy way to learn the subject.
    If there's anything that's not on the site you can also send him an email with any extra questions you have.
    http://www.helpmyphysics.co.uk
    Great site

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... as i've recently chosen (a choice i fear i'll regret) to take physics these sights will hopefully be useful!

ReputationRep:
    There is also the textbook, New Higher Physics (2nd Edition), which i bought today
    it's pretty good and covers the course in detail with questions at the end of each section.

it is however, quite pricey at about £20.

anyway, its called New Higher Physics, it's written by Adrian Watt and the ISBN thingy is 034084776x

ReputationRep:
    My school's physics textbooks are from (seriously!) 1972. They have very funny diagrams, lots of people in flairs and polo-necks etc. I wonder how up-to-date the information in them actually is?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the equations of motion have changed that much since then

ReputationRep:
    lol...yeah, i dont think many theories (studied at higher at least) have been disproven in the last 20-30 years

ReputationRep:
    Thank god.

Damn.... can't sure the school when I fail now. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Really any large book shop(waterstones, borders etc) or online at amazon or leckie and leckies own site.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.