Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just found this website, its very random for this type of thing but here goes i do nightclubs for public school boys with a few friends, at the moment we are called fantasy promotions, its a crap name though can anyone think of any good ones?>

also while we're on the subject im gonna do alevels such as history maths french english lit etc, i wanna do a ppe degree tho at oxford, i was wondering will they still ask me questions to do with philosphy or poltics etc a level?? like what do u think of budget deficiting etccccc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveispain)
    I just found this website, its very random for this type of thing but here goes i do nightclubs for public school boys with a few friends, at the moment we are called fantasy promotions, its a crap name though can anyone think of any good ones?>

also while we're on the subject im gonna do alevels such as history maths french english lit etc, i wanna do a ppe degree tho at oxford, i was wondering will they still ask me questions to do with philosphy or poltics etc a level?? like what do u think of budget deficiting etccccc
    You do nightclubs? That makes little sense. Elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Hire nightclubs out mostly down kings road, make a party, charge people to enter,

ReputationRep:
    I would love to do an indie night in a club but I would not have an idea where to start in Manchester. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Hire nightclubs out mostly down kings road, make a party, charge people to enter,
    In that case the name isnt importtant, its the product and the actual name of the events.

If I think of a good name I will post it, such name evades me at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I would love to do an indie night in a club but I would not have an idea where to start in Manchester. Any ideas?

first of all you need to gather a few partners around and scrape some money together

make sure you have a genuine knowledge in indie music and that you know the scene well

through connections or otherwise, book bands for the club night (not definate date)

book a night at the club you choose (probly opt for a cheap night - tuesday etc)

ReputationRep:
    It probably wouldnt do so well. The above is clever because obviously public schools boys tend to be rich and willing to spend a lot of money. I'm afraid in business you cannot let your emotions i.e. liking indie music) get in the way if you want to mkae maximum profits. Clubs which do townie music would be the more viable option.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate i do my parties in london, dont have much of a clue, but ill give u some tips if it will help, most of them are quite obvious though

most clubs have resident djs they charge about 100 pounds for one night, and u cud ask them to play indie music, but its better to have ure own dj, plus u cud give them ure own cds, vinlys, or even ipod and they'll play ure tunes, the club will give u a minimum bar spend if that is met u dont pay for the club, if it isnt u pay a certain fee around 500-2000 depends how much it is. charge everyone around a tenner, party and floss with ure moneyu im under 18 so its different for my parties tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    It probably wouldnt do so well. The above is clever because obviously public schools boys tend to be rich and willing to spend a lot of money. I'm afraid in business you cannot let your emotions i.e. liking indie music) get in the way if you want to mkae maximum profits. Clubs which do townie music would be the more viable option.
    Argh thats the point indie is not about money, plenty of indie clubs run at a loss, The Hacienda lost 2 million pounds but was considered the best club in the world at the time.

As longs as it dosn't make a loss I don't care. As the Tony Wilson said you can't but a price on music.

ReputationRep:
    There's always one emotion that's good for profits...

Greed...

ReputationRep:
    Argh thats the point indie is not about money, plenty of indie clubs run at a loss, The Hacienda lost 2 million pounds but was considered the best club in the world at the time.

As longs as it dosn't make a loss I don't care. As the Tony Wilson said you can't but a price on music.

Music no, but a business yes. It would be very unwise to run at a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    There's always one emotion that's good for profits...

Greed...
    hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate i do my parties in london, dont have much of a clue, but ill give u some tips if it will help, most of them are quite obvious though

most clubs have resident djs they charge about 100 pounds for one night, and u cud ask them to play indie music, but its better to have ure own dj, plus u cud give them ure own cds, vinlys, or even ipod and they'll play ure tunes, the club will give u a minimum bar spend if that is met u dont pay for the club, if it isnt u pay a certain fee around 500-2000 depends how much it is. charge everyone around a tenner, party and floss with ure moneyu im under 18 so its different for my parties tho
    Lol well I would have to charge less than £1 entry to compete Some clubs in Manchester even give you free drinks and free entry. I think the idea is to find a club/bar thats not doing too well and get you provide the music/dj etc, you have the door money and the venue keeps all the bar money. The idea is the bar will be much busier because of the attraction you have put on.

ReputationRep:
    Music no, but a business yes. It would be very unwise to run at a loss.
    Well in true indie fashion you just setup a company designed to make a loss, then when you're 20 million in debt due to endless nights of free booze and free entry. This of course is illegal but its not too far off what Factory Records did.

ReputationRep:
    well the reason we do it is not to enjoy the music

to make money to have a good time and we enjoy promoting it etc

and you are not talking sense, do the club night and ull realise, on the night ud be running around letting people gueslists etc etc
    u wudnt care what music is being played or enjoy it, all ure left with is the money u made, or in ure case the debt to the club

ReputationRep:
    well the reason we do it is not to enjoy the music

to make money to have a good time and we enjoy promoting it etc

and you are not talking sense, do the club night and ull realise, on the night ud be running around letting people gueslists etc etc
    u wudnt care what music is being played or enjoy it, all ure left with is the money u made, or in ure case the debt to the club
    Maybe I should just be a DJ then but nobody would let me loose behind the mics.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I've just had an idea I may ask my unis radio station for a show. I would have to have training etc but it may work. Ian's Manc indie nights.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.