The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA2 Unit 2 Psychology January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm still not entirely sure which aspects of Freudian theory would be relevant if abnormality/the psychodynamic approach came up. :frown:

Still studying, but I can really see myself writing a completely irrelevant answer.
Reply 121
Basically abnormal behaviour is due to unconscious motives and/or childhood so psychosexual stages, theory of personality and defence mechanisms should probably be in the answer :smile: x
Reply 122
Guys, problem focused and emotion focused defo wont come up! It's been removed from the spec:

'Removal of coping with stress in
order to reduce overload in this
section.'

The 'Summary of changes for the 2012 Specification' says so. Check it out: http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-12-SOC.PDF

Sources: AQA website :tongue:

Anyway, good luck guys! :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Hooby
Basically abnormal behaviour is due to unconscious motives and/or childhood so psychosexual stages, theory of personality and defence mechanisms should probably be in the answer :smile: x

Ooh, okay. Thank you!

The theory of personality is really just the id, ego and superego. Yes?
ahahaha... I'm so screwed.
Reply 125
Original post by paradix
Ooh, okay. Thank you!

The theory of personality is really just the id, ego and superego. Yes?

Yep :biggrin: and basically what is a healthy psyche etc.. x
Original post by paradix
I'm still not entirely sure which aspects of Freudian theory would be relevant if abnormality/the psychodynamic approach came up. :frown:

Still studying, but I can really see myself writing a completely irrelevant answer.

Write that personality is made up of 3 elements, the id, ego and superego. Say that id is based on the reality principle and is the innative need for physical satisfaction and that superego is our consiience. Say that ego balances the demands of id and superego by operating on a reality principle. Say that if ego fails to balance them, the abnormality may occur. Talk about ego defences, briefly mention psychosexual development and then limitations and strengths of this approach. :colondollar:

P.S guys, I really do want abnormality to come up. :colondollar:
are the examiners for the jan/june papers the same or different? just tryna work out which questions might not be coming up as a 12 marker :smile:
Original post by Orange_dream
Write that personality is made up of 3 elements, the id, ego and superego. Say that id is based on the reality principle and is the innative need for physical satisfaction and that superego is our consiience. Say that ego balances the demands of id and superego by operating on a reality principle. Say that if ego fails to balance them, the abnormality may occur. Talk about ego defences, briefly mention psychosexual development and then limitations and strengths of this approach. :colondollar:

P.S guys, I really do want abnormality to come up. :colondollar:

No, the id is based on the pleasure principle.

The ego is based on the reality principle.
Yes, yes, Im sorry, the id is based on pleasure principle..lol was typing so fast. my head just goes with this revision. :frown:
Dude, chill. I was just making sure people didn't put wrong answers!

Chill out, I'm trying to relax a little now :smile:
Reply 131
My revision tactics are woeful.

There are a lot of different numbers of participants to relate to each study. I've found myself doing things like changing a username to "Asch123", just so I remember the numbers better. :colondollar:
I doubt numbers of participants are that important :horns:
Reply 133
So has everyone completly revised the whole unit?
I still has aspects of Abnormality, i need to go over!
Well, Im nearly finished. JUst have to read over all notes tomorrow and learn SIT
Reply 135
how do people resist pressures to conform?
is it simply because of personality factors i.e locus of control/self esteem etc or is there more to it?
Does any1 know how minority influences the social change?
Right, I messed up my revision so know very little about this unit.

I shall be re-taking I'm sure. When are re-takes? Anyone know?

Thanks, Luke.
Reply 138
Original post by moominman2
Right, I messed up my revision so know very little about this unit.

I shall be re-taking I'm sure. When are re-takes? Anyone know?

Thanks, Luke.

june?
flume, same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending