Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have tooth ache at the moment and am going out for a social drink. I have read the leaflet included with the tablets and it does not mention alcohol. Is it ok to drink?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's fine

Just don't recommend an overdose of either substance!

ReputationRep:
    It's not advisable, but it's never done me any harm! Sugary drinks will probably make the toothache worse though.

ReputationRep:
    Dont do it!

ReputationRep:
    honestly i think its fine - as long as u just have a few drinks, dont go crazy!!! ive done it before and felt absolutely fine!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    if it was dangerous they'd put a warning on it because otherwise they'd be sued ALOT
    just take the recommended dose and stuff

ReputationRep:
    With 1g (ie 2 tablets, the recommended dose) of paracetamol, it's "safe".

In overdose, alcohol would be an additional 'kick' to your poor liver

ReputationRep:
    just found this thread. what do people think about asprin and paracetamol combination tablets with drinking?

My reply is dont drink on any known medication that could have effects.

If your not 100% dont do it, stick to OJ for the evening.

GD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hixey101)
    just found this thread. what do people think about asprin and paracetamol combination tablets with drinking?
    this thread 18 months old, dont revive old threads make a new one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hixey101)
    Asprin and alcohol isn't recommended as the irritation to the stomach is greater. Also, there's the whole blood thining/vasodilation thing, so worse if you get really wasted.

ReputationRep:
    No, it doesn't say on the packet that you shouldn't drink in conjunction with taking paracetamol...

But if I knew you to have drunk alcohol within the past 8 hours, as a first aider, I would not be allowed to give you any, or my insurance would be invalidated. Make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shona)
    No, it doesn't say on the packet that you shouldn't drink in conjunction with taking paracetamol...

But if I knew you to have drunk alcohol within the past 8 hours, as a first aider, I would not be allowed to give you any, or my insurance would be invalidated. Make of that what you will.
    Can I just point out that as a first aider you are not allowed to administer drugs of any sort, unless the casualty provides them, and it's appropriate? (E.g. asprin or GTN spray)

quite, first aiders can advise, but can't give.
    hence why school nurses these days are so pointless.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.