R.S.
    Economics
    Government and Politics
    Critical Thinking

And you?

ReputationRep:
    You've said... For a PPE right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Fast Track maths too. History, Physics and Economics. Plus French AS this year.

ReputationRep:
    To ElWilson: huh? I'm asking what everyone's doing for AS, not what they're doing in Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Hopefully German too if I can get on a night course

ReputationRep:
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Stats
    Psycology
    Critical Thinking

If all goes well

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth is everyone doing 5???

I'm taking:

Fast track Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I like German lol

ReputationRep:

I'm taking:

Fast track Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    German
    Technically you're taking the equivalent of 5 because maths is fast track :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen,

Further Maths
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Biology
    History

I want to do either medicine or some sort of science (posibly natural science) at degree level, do these choices sound good? Some people have said Physics would be of more use to me over History, but I don't want to be one of those people who does all sciences and maths (no offence to those of you who do!), oh and I think you get to go to Russia in year 12 too if ou do history!

-42-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Technically you're taking the equivalent of 5 because maths is fast track :p:
    Since we're kind of doing AS maths now that doesn't count! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -42-)
    I have chosen,

Further Maths
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Biology
    History

I want to do either medicine or some sort of science (posibly natural science) at degree level, do these choices sound good? Some people have said Physics would be of more use to me over History, but I don't want to be one of those people who does all sciences and maths (no offence to those of you who do!), oh and I think you get to go to Russia in year 12 too if ou do history!

-42-
    I think that's a good combination. The four Maths/science subjects go well together really well (plus Maths is interchangable with Physics for medicine degrees) and History will be a nice contrast. History is one of the most respected arts subjects too, as it involves critical thinking, essay writing skills and an analytical mind. So yeah, I think those subjects are really good!

Incidently, you seem to be scarily similar to me - I was considering History instead of German, and I too want to go into either medicine or natural sciences!

ReputationRep:
    A bit different from the rest of you!

French
    Geography
    German
    English Literature

I also take general studies, but hey, who counts that :p:?

EDIT: WAIT, I just read what this post is about.... it's what you are all taking next year. Nevermind :p: But just to let you all know that what you choose now could be so different to what you really end up doing. I was going to do Psychology/Sociology instead of Eng Lit but now I'm so glad I took it!

ReputationRep:
    I did:

English Lit
    English Lang
    Economics
    Geography
    History
    Classics
    Spanish
    French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryrandom)
    A bit different from the rest of you!

French
    Geography
    German
    English Literature

I also take general studies, but hey, who counts that :p:?

EDIT: WAIT, I just read what this post is about.... it's what you are all taking next year. Nevermind :p: But just to let you all know that what you choose now could be so different to what you really end up doing. I was going to do Psychology/Sociology instead of Eng Lit but now I'm so glad I took it!
    How do you like German at the moment? Do you find it difficult? I love learning languages but am a bit apprehensive...

And what kind of area do you want to go into?

ReputationRep:
    How do you like German at the moment? Do you find it difficult? I love learning languages but am a bit apprehensive...

And what kind of area do you want to go into?
    Hey,
    I really like german, but on the other hand, my view is slightly biased as I enjoy learning languages :p:
    At times it's difficult, but when you get all the grammar, it just clicks and sticks. What I think I find hardest is not the german itself, but it also tests you english grammar skills and how well you can speak your own language!
    Also once you come back from the summer after GCSEs it will have been nearly 2 months and you would have probably forgotten quite a bit... we all felt a bit dumb the first few weeks back

I reckon that you should take it because I remember you saying you really liked it in another post, and also if feel at the moment that you weren't being pushed enough at GCSE (ie. sitting in the class waiting for the rest of the class to finish lol), then you should definately take it! Also, from an employer's point of view, they love the fact that you've taken it up to A level, as they like people who can at least to some degree speak some of a foreign language.
    I'm not sure what the future holds for me... who knows?!

Sorry for babbling :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh. How are you all doing 5/6 AS levels?
    The ones I'm thinking of doing are in my sig

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Biology
    RE
    Photography.

oh, and physics this summer.

haha. i had such a hard time narrowing it down to 5. I had to NOT take f.maths, phyics(but luckily this worked out) and music.

ReputationRep:
    Wow lots of people taking that Maths/Chem/Bio option - are you all interested in reading medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    Wow lots of people taking that Maths/Chem/Bio option - are you all interested in reading medicine?
    I am interested in it but I think I'm gonig to organise some work experience/shadowing first before I make up my mind on medicine. I'm not not sure how much of a social life doctors can have and whether or not their proffession eats up all their time with having to do so much studying in their own time (well, so I 'hear').

-42-

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.