The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by no1floro
I'm glad I'm not the only mature applying for halls then! Where are you from?

I'm also 'mature'.. just 21! :/ I'm debating about accommodation too, think parkside is my favourite. But also some one I know who has graduated now recommends Teesside House, http://www.campuslifestyle.com/teesside.htm. Its new private flats, I've been for a look round n it looks lush! its en suit and pretty much the same price as uni accommodation; but probably a bit quieter and fewer freshers if thats what anyone is looking for. only things putting me off is that its a 52week contract and it sounds like you'd only really get to know the 4/5 people on your floor.. dilema!
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 121
Lol trust me Teesside it a grim uni. daft
Original post by Mr R
I agree, I was very impressed by the quality of the Uni. Everyone's been negative about me going there, I just really want to show them around it so they can see how good it is, haha.

That's handy, I'm a Londoner living in Leeds so it's a bit of a journey for me either way ha.

This is exactly why I am slightly regretting making them my firm (BSc (Hons) Computer Science, to be specific). It was mainly the interview day that won me over, something about the place made me feel welcome than any of the other universities I had visited. I recently begun researching the university and surprisingly it all seems to be very negative, it's really putting me off despite the feelings I had on the day. Even having told people about my decision they were initially surprised.

I'm not sure what to do :frown:. Is it not possible to have my firm/insurances changed?
Reply 123
Original post by maltesers12
I'm also 'mature'.. just 21! :/ I'm debating about accommodation too, think parkside is my favourite. But also some one I know who has graduated now recommends Teesside House, http://www.campuslifestyle.com/teesside.htm. Its new private flats, I've been for a look round n it looks lush! its en suit and pretty much the same price as uni accommodation; but probably a bit quieter and fewer freshers if thats what anyone is looking for. only things putting me off is that its a 52week contract and it sounds like you'd only really get to know the 4/5 people on your floor.. dilema!

Yeh, I've been looking at Parkside too, or King Edwards Square. From past experience I think living in private accommodation would be a no no for me! I did that in Sheffield and it was pretty isolated and like you said, you only really get to know a few people. Decisions decisions! :s-smilie:
Reply 124
Original post by anonystudent
This is exactly why I am slightly regretting making them my firm (BSc (Hons) Computer Science, to be specific). It was mainly the interview day that won me over, something about the place made me feel welcome than any of the other universities I had visited. I recently begun researching the university and surprisingly it all seems to be very negative, it's really putting me off despite the feelings I had on the day. Even having told people about my decision they were initially surprised.

I'm not sure what to do :frown:. Is it not possible to have my firm/insurances changed?

I sort of agree, the interview won me over but all my friends are telling me I should've firmed a different Uni. I've heard very mixed reviews some people love it and rave about it and some people say it's just where people go to "put off the real world for another three years."

I'm not sure if you can change your firm/insurance. You'd have to ask one of the UCAS people that. But my advice would be to try and change if you're not happy with your choice. There's no point going somewhere if you're not happy with it. I'm slightly more positive because I've heard nothing but good reviews about the course I'm doing, but I can see why you have doubts.

It's the city, more than anything else, that's putting me off. Many people have said it's grim, and I sort of got that impression on the day. It's a shame because 99% of the locals I spoke to seemed like lovely folk. But good luck with whatever you do, mate.
Thanks. The area doesn't bother me, I live here after all :tongue:. Teesside University is right on my doorstep. I just kinda wish I had went with one of my much further away options, such as Liverpool University. People I know who studied CS at Teesside have nothing negative to say, even few of my own teachers have nothing but praise for the School of Computing.
Reply 126
Original post by anonystudent
Thanks. The area doesn't bother me, I live here after all :tongue:. Teesside University is right on my doorstep. I just kinda wish I had went with one of my much further away options, such as Liverpool University. People I know who studied CS at Teesside have nothing negative to say, even few of my own teachers have nothing but praise for the School of Computing.

haha, it doesn't seem too bad, but someone on here said I should learn self defence before I go...that terrified me a little bit..haha.

But, I wish you luck with it, mate.
Reply 127
Hey just firmed teesside computer games programming,

little bit worried about the area but im guessing if you stay in groups there won't be any real trouble :P

Not sure where to go for accommodation, en suits mean you meet fewer people as you share with people on your course usually but obviously it means you have more privacy but non-en suits get you to mix more with other students.

Anyone else got any advice, bit un-nerving going to uni not knowing anyone :P
Original post by Mr R
haha, it doesn't seem too bad, but someone on here said I should learn self defence before I go...that terrified me a little bit..haha.

But, I wish you luck with it, mate.

Complete nonsense, honestly ignore it. I've never had any bother in my whole time here, but I don't go out looking for it. You'll be fine.

Feel free to ask any questions should you have any regarding the area. Before anyone asks, I can't give any advice on accommodation because I haven't looked into it as I won't be needing it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 129
anyone going to do diagnostic radiography in teesside?
Reply 130
ive got an offer for physiotherapy at teeside:smile:
Reply 131
has anyone got an offer for crime and investigation? :smile:
Reply 132
Any one got any advice on accommodation, not sure which to go for :P?
I applied for parkside as my first and king edwards as my 2nd
.still waiting for confirmation.
Reply 134
Original post by Fanta_M
Any one got any advice on accommodation, not sure which to go for :P?

This might be a bit late, but King Edward's Square looked like the stand out to me. It depends what you're after.
Original post by no1floro
I'm from Newcastle :smile: I thought about staying up here and driving to Tees every morning but I think that would kill me so halls it is!

Hey!!! Where abouts from Newcastle are you from? I'm from Newcastle too! What school do you go to? & what course? hahah sorry just so excited that I could potentially have a friend from my area that goes to my uni hehe x
Reply 136
Original post by zoeee_92
has anyone got an offer for crime and investigation? :smile:

Yessss! You done your accommodation yet?
Got my confirmation yesterday that I have a place reserved in King Edward's Square whey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email said a letter would come though in June/July requesting £150 deposit to secure the place.

Thrilled, was my first choice but the application for accommodation went in, in February.
Reply 138
Original post by zoeee_92
Yeah, I've got an unconditional :smile:
You applied for accommodation yet?

Sorry, just seen this now! Yeah, I went for Parkside Houses and Halls :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by Rebecca17
Yessss! You done your accommodation yet?

yeah sent it off mid march but not heard anything yet, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending