The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Absolution
USA is quite well strategically placed in that it is quite a considerable distance away from any potential foes.

russia? they nearly touch...

just a bit of ice in the middle
Reply 21
Its obviously the US, because of their humungous amount of Nuclear weapons.
Reply 22
Too many variables to take into account eg invading? defending? What type of ground? etc etc. But in a pitched conflict, I would say taht the Americans would win, simple fact that they have better trained troops, and good military weaponary.

Britain would feeature quite low down, theres just not many of them around to do much.

China, is a lumbering nation. It would lose an invasion. Due to poorly trained troops, and quite bad equipments.

That is why, if you notice its strategy is to defeat America economically. ie tehy are joined to the hips, so taht in a war between America/China, they would economically take America down with it.

China also seems to be avouiding conflicts and bidding its time when America is on the wane. Tahts when you would see more agression.
MattG
russia? they nearly touch...

just a bit of ice in the middle

Yeah, it's something ridiculously small like 7 miles between them at their closest point. It's just that nobody actually lives in those parts, which would have been very unfortunate for Europe in the event of a superpower war.
Reply 24
Too many variables to take into account eg invading? defending? What type of ground? etc etc. But in a pitched conflict, I would say taht the Americans would win, simple fact that they have better trained troops, and good military weaponary.

Yanks, better trained? yeah, right.

They have better equipment, i'll give you that. But American soldiers have been known to call for airstrikes, giving THEIR position as the target. Their tactics and skills are crap.
Reply 25
hitchhiker_13
Yeah, it's something ridiculously small like 7 miles between them at their closest point. It's just that nobody actually lives in those parts, which would have been very unfortunate for Europe in the event of a superpower war.

its twenty-something miles i think

Latest

Trending

Trending