The Student Room Group

OCR B: Advancing Physics - G494 (Rise and Fall...) 24/1/2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rachmcg666
i've been struggling on that one since September - you have no idea how grateful I am!
& Parkstone grammar {: small world ay![

Haha! This made me laugh when I came across it Rachael :smile: just casually browsing instead of revising, looking for other haters of that STUPID TEXTBOOK!
Original post by Lois:)

Haha! This made me laugh when I came across it Rachael :smile: just casually browsing instead of revising, looking for other haters of that STUPID TEXTBOOK!

ahhh, bonjour :smile:
It's a mind blowing book. ¬_¬
Reply 42
I'm doing this. I'm really confused about something and was hoping someone would help me.

When part b) of a question requires you to use something that you previously calculated in part a) do you use the rounded value from part a) or the more precise value. By using the two different values causes a difference in rounding hence losing mark. I've seen both used but not sure what to do in the exam?!

Thanks in advance!
Original post by stevop21
I'm doing this. I'm really confused about something and was hoping someone would help me.

When part b) of a question requires you to use something that you previously calculated in part a) do you use the rounded value from part a) or the more precise value. By using the two different values causes a difference in rounding hence losing mark. I've seen both used but not sure what to do in the exam?!

Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen marks lost because of this - normally they allow you to use either and then in the mark scheme they give both or a range (ie get between 8x106-9x106).
Reply 44
Hm does anyone have the June 2011 paper?
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I haven't seen marks lost because of this - normally they allow you to use either and then in the mark scheme they give both or a range (ie get between 8x106-9x106).

+1 - The mark scheme always takes this into account.

I'm quite looking forward to this exam. Other than learning the equations, the content of this unit is quite interesting.
Reply 46
Original post by dominicjohnson
+1 - The mark scheme always takes this into account.

I'm quite looking forward to this exam. Other than learning the equations, the content of this unit is quite interesting.

Have you by any chance got the june 2011 paper? :colondollar:
I have a paper copy if that helps? :L no sorry, can't find it anywhere!
Reply 48
anyone have the june 2011 mark scheme?
Original post by nebelbon
I can get the june 2011 paper if it would help anyone? Maybe even a markscheme.v

If you could post the mark scheme and the paper that would be amazing! I've run out of new spec papers now and I want to do a final one before the exam :smile:
Spent the after school revision session with my physics teacher/head of 6th chatting about how crap the posters were, and how chemistry's only electrons :laugh:

It's dragging on, we've been revising in class since late November / early December.
Reply 51
Original post by tasha_<3
if you could post the mark scheme and the paper that would be amazing! I've run out of new spec papers now and i want to do a final one before the exam :smile:

yes please
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Just wondering who's taking this exam and how they feel about it :smile:

How's the revision going?

I'm taking it tomorrow! Revision is okay - I always seem to get middle of the road in physics exams, but we'll see! Revision for me is over now; no more exams after physics, and I've had physics overload today at school - a good 4 hours of solid physics isn't good for me!

Good luck everyone!
Reply 53
Original post by dominicjohnson
I have a paper copy if that helps? :L no sorry, can't find it anywhere!

Could you scan it? :colondollar:
Original post by Revent
Hm does anyone have the June 2011 paper?

Yes I think its on my school's site - leave me an email address and I'll get it to you if you sill want it!
(edited 12 years ago)
There was that question about finding the "average" velocity in an SHM system, any of you guys have an idea what that means? I know that v= Aw(cos/sin)wT and Vmax = wA but it wasn't either of these :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Original post by littleliddell
Yes I think its on my school's site - leave me an email address and I'll get it to you if you sill want it!

Inobxed :smile: Thanks!!
Original post by Revent
Inobxed :smile: Thanks!!

Should be in cyber space by now!
Anyone else who wants the paper feel free to leave me your email address!
Reply 58
Should be in cyber space by now!
Anyone else who wants the paper feel free to leave me your email address!

Thanks so much!! You are a potential life saver :smile: +1
Reply 59
yes i think its on my school's site - leave me an email address and i'll get it to you if you sill want it!

can you send me it please i sent you a message your a starrrrrrrrr

just got it thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending