Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Someone should put a request in to get this moved to the Societies sub forum.

ReputationRep:
    but it is tech related, we will find more members attention in here for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfgang)
    The imac g5... the only thing I dont like is there are one or 2 bugs with Intel Tiger... but im sure they will be fixed by easter
    Fair enough. I'm happy with what I've got. Might just be the full on pros that have probs then.

Anyway, anyone here ordered or is going to order and MacBook Pro? Looks to be a kickass laptop, shame they cost so much.

ReputationRep:
    I'll join

Been using macs for around 10 years.

Macs owned by my family (and me, where relevant), in order of purchase:
    Performa 5200
    Beige G3 300MHz
    G3 Indigo iMac 350MHz (My computer)
    G3 iBook 500MHz
    Dual 867MHz G4 MDD
    1.5GHz 15" G4 PowerBook (My laptop, replaced iMac)

ReputationRep:
    Put me down. I have a mac mini and an ibook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe8232)
    Put me down. I have a mac mini and an ibook
    Go to the socs bar in the blue bar at the top and request to join!

Mac owned by my family (à la previous post):

Performa 6300/6200 (I can never remember but it was the model with 75MHz)
    Performa 5400
    Performa 7200
    Bondi Blue iMac (I can't remember the model names)
    Orange iMac
    G3 Powerbook
    G3 Powerbook
    G3 Powerbook
    G4 Titanium Powerbook
    G4 Titanium Powerbook
    G4 Titanium Powerbook (small screen version)

Currently using one of the many G3 Powerbooks which remain the most beautiful pieces of electronic gadgetry ever made.

PS: I'm only mildly ashamed of forgetting the specs of some of the older ones as there were oh so many of them.

ReputationRep:
    well its safe to say u are a member!

Hah, I'm honoured . As a sidenote, I have been known to cause Windows-based computers to crash simply be dint of being within 15 feet of them. Apple should consider employing me to walk around office blocks that have yet to see the light. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    come on people. join up. it clearly has the best logo of the lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm - I seem to join this society, then leave it, then join it again, then leave it, etc, etc, etc

We should really have put the old "Intel Inside" logo inside the apple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineappolis)
    Apple should consider employing me to walk around office blocks that have yet to see the light. :cool:
    How come there are design consultancies and businesses actually returning to PC after having used Macs? What benefits does it offer corporate users?

ReputationRep:
    Stravinsky, can you check if im on the members list? I joined and i had the logo earlier but all my societies seem to have gone :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how to check the names of the members.. All I know is that the number hasnt gone down.. Try reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stravinsky)
    I dont know how to check the names of the members.. All I know is that the number hasnt gone down.. Try reapplying.
    Done. Ive reapplied to the others i was in too. Bit strange how they all went though.

ReputationRep:
    I've requested & joined too!

My dad loves Macs (he's only ever owned a Mac, although he does uses a PC at work sometimes) and naturally our whole family uses Macs. Until last week I had a pretty old iMac, but now I've got a brand new Mac Mini We've still got one PC downstairs, just for playing games, specific software etc, but compared to an Apple computer... the look just beats everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stravinsky)
    come on people. join up. it clearly has the best logo of the lot!
    The logo is rubbish for a soc compared to some of the others, eg. His Dark Materials soc, Harry Potter soc, etc - I thought that you would have the nice shiny blue Apple for the logo, not the dull grey one. Anyhows, It's not that big a deal I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well i think it highlights that although apples have nice design, its the contents of them that is more important.

Edit: what the hell am I talking about? :rolleyes:

Hah, you're living up to your Avatar in grand style.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the half blue / white one that someone has in their avatar.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.