Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I would like to join this society. I moved over to mac today.

I have one of those new white macbooks and so far I am loving it!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, just got a macbook pro.
    Incredible. It just keeps getting better.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for all those of you who applied in the last few months, I have processed these all now.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join the society? I have a Mac.

ReputationRep:
    I am now the proud owner of a PowerMac G4 Cube with 17" LCD Studio Display

G4 450MHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Combo drive, GeForce 2mx, Airport card, Pro speakers, currently running 10.4.8 nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Can I join?
    I think the fact you're part of the 'Evil Soc' count's against you a bit :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimi3013)
    I think the fact you're part of the 'Evil Soc' count's against you a bit :p:
    The fact that I'm in the LGBT soc and I'm in a society that has the logo; a picture of Hitler - a crazy homophobe, is more ironic I think. It's like juxtaposing a KKK member hugging a black man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    The fact that I'm in the LGBT soc and I'm in a society that has the logo; a picture of Hitler - a crazy homophobe, is more ironic I think. It's like juxtaposing a KKK member hugging a black man.
    lol. I missed that one.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bout the delay in processing new members...we now have 60!

Invite your friends to join!!

ReputationRep:
    I have had macs since around 1994:

Performa 630
    Powermac 604e Something or another
    iMac DV G3 Snow 500Mhz
    Cube G4 450MHziMac Core 2 Duo 2GHz

ReputationRep:
    I remember my LC II :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    My mum had an LCII and a Mac Classic I think it was called! My personal first mac was the Performa 630...it was so good ...CD Rom and EVERYTHING !

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Robin! CD Rom pretty amazing.

I think the LCII had a 16 MB HD right?

ReputationRep:
    I went to the opening of the Apple Store in Southampton this morning. Got there a 7! lol

Anyway, just wanted to say I was very impressed, especially by the genius bar. Left my computer and they'd fixed it in 4 hours! Where else do you get service like that!?

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a goodie bag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron)
    Did you get a goodie bag?
    They were only giving away free t shirts

ReputationRep:
    Am the proud owner of my first ever mac. Bought the Macbook today at the new store in Southampton.

Was helped by a brilliant guy and am very happy with it.

Just a quick question as you guys seem very knowledgable - I'll be using the internet on it, primarily at university so will use the wireless connection. I don't have to do anything do I, bar literally clicking on "connect to whatever the name is network"??

Oh and what page is the society on, couldn't find it but may well be being blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickytoria77)
    Just a quick question as you guys seem very knowledgable - I'll be using the internet on it, primarily at university so will use the wireless connection. I don't have to do anything do I, bar literally clicking on "connect to whatever the name is network"??

Oh and what page is the society on, couldn't find it but may well be being blind
    All Macbooks can connect to wireless networks very easily. Just a case of clicking on the icon, then it will show all the wireless networks it can pick up, and you can choose which one you want to connect to.

Trust me, you shouldn't have too much trouble using your new mac.

I also bought a new Macbook about a couple of weeks ago and it's great, there's no reason for me to go back to Windows now.

ReputationRep:
    oh brilliant - thank you

I've had the MB 6hrs and am definately not regretting it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.