The Student Room Group

Girls who go offline in the middle of conversation

I'm a guy and been talking to some girl on facebook that I like, having a normal convo, nothing over the top with occasional flirt whatever, she takes ages to reply to messages and then goes offline without replying to last question/statement. The worst thing is that SHE ****ing added me, and even worse, this have happened more then once with different girls now, I mean I'm just being polite trying to get things going and what they do I find it rude, at it puts me off them to even bother starting a new convo with them ever again.

Any ideas? Be direct and say exactly how you think.
Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You sure it's not just the fact that Facebook chat is absolutely terrible?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy and been talking to some girl on facebook that I like, having a normal convo, nothing over the top with occasional flirt whatever, she takes ages to reply to messages and then goes offline without replying to last question/statement. The worst thing is that SHE ****ing added me, and even worse, this have happened more then once with different girls now, I mean I'm just being polite trying to get things going and what they do I find it rude, at it puts me off them to even bother starting a new convo with them ever again.

Any ideas? Be direct and say exactly how you think.
Thanks

Dude this EXACT SAME THING is happening to me right now with a girl I like. We get on great, we flirt, we have deep conversations, she is clearly into me.. but she seemingly just walks off in the middle of a fb convo without warning every 30 minutes! She'll just go offline and I won't hear from her again for another 24 hours where she won't even bother saying "oh sorry this or that happened", she won't pick up where the convo left off, she seems oblivious to how rude and frustrating it is!

Girls, if you're one of those who does this, please for the love of christ stop it. It's INFURIATING.
Girls do that all the time so don't take it personally. But one tip; if a girl doesn't bother saying goodbye before she goes offline you shouldn't either. Kabeesh?
Reply 4
Can't say I've ever had this problem, but I would say that if a girl does that then she probably isn't that into you... I mean it doesn't take much to say a simple "bye"...
Dude this EXACT SAME THING is happening to me right now with a girl I like. We get on great, we flirt, we have deep conversations, she is clearly into me.. but she seemingly just walks off in the middle of a fb convo without warning every 30 minutes! She'll just go offline and I won't hear from her again for another 24 hours where she won't even bother saying "oh sorry this or that happened", she won't pick up where the convo left off, she seems oblivious to how rude and frustrating it is!

Girls, if you're one of those who does this, please for the love of christ stop it. It's INFURIATING.

she may have told you that she had to go or something, then facebook ate the message and it said she was offline. facebook really is that ****.
Maybe she has a ****ty Internet connection? :dontknow:
Reply 7
She's been back online now, still not saying anything to me, I'm not going to contact her unless she starts the conversation first, I don't have time for people like her in my life if she's like that.
You guys need to stop liking girls still using dial-up.
She's been back online now, still not saying anything to me, I'm not going to contact her unless she starts the conversation first, I don't have time for people like her in my life if she's like that.

Dude you're literally reliving my life right now. This is exactly how I felt, I thought "**** it, if she's going to act like this, I can't be arsed either".

But get ready, she will strike up a convo with you in a few days and make you feel like you've been ignoring her, she'll be all charming and laying on the flirting etc. and you'll think "maybe I was wrong?".

And then boom, the whole thing will repeat.
Dude you're literally reliving my life right now. This is exactly how I felt, I thought "**** it, if she's going to act like this, I can't be arsed either".

But get ready, she will strike up a convo with you in a few days and make you feel like you've been ignoring her, she'll be all charming and laying on the flirting etc. and you'll think "maybe I was wrong?".

And then boom, the whole thing will repeat.

This.

OP; don't let her treat you like this, even if it's just occasional texting via facebook chat. Girls like that aren't worth wasting time and effort on.
Reply 11
Original post by SugarPuffs
This.

OP; don't let her treat you like this, even if it's just occasional texting via facebook chat. Girls like that aren't worth wasting time and effort on.

I think they are it's just a bit of a nightmare in the early stages, you need to get to the first date asap or forever be stuck in limbo... and then you'll have to kill yourself to wake up. Don't forget your ****ing totem!
bloody facebook again,come on ppl dnt be sheep...however msn is acceptable :smile:
Reply 13
I wouldn't do that...
seriously what is so good about facebook?
meet up with ppl you havnt seen in years....usually 99% of the time theres a damn good reason
friends with nobs
you pay to play certain flash games lol - idiots
your hooked to it,its even on ppls phones
everything you put on facebook becomes the property of facebook,its what facebook users act like lol

You need to watch the IT Crown FriendFace episode

why make such a big deal about it then if you dont care? im sorry but it seems that she doesnt really like you :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by JadeLSoanes
why make such a big deal about it then if you dont care? im sorry but it seems that she doesnt really like you :s-smilie:

I don't care too much, but she added me on facebook, not other way round, makes me feel like she expected a superhero or something, and I'm just myself...
Reply 17
Facebook chat apparently tells people I'm offline all the time when I'm not, and sometimes I don't get messages for hours after they've been sent (if I even get them at all). Probably just something like that to be honest, facebook chat really isn't reliable in the slightest.
Reply 18
Just because someone adds you on Facebook I wouldn't assume they want you to talk to them.
try meeting them face to face :/

Quick Reply

Latest