The Student Room Group

Girls who go offline in the middle of conversation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SWBL
Just because someone adds you on Facebook I wouldn't assume they want you to talk to them.

You add people on facebook without intention of actually ever talking to them? What's that for, friend count?
Reply 21
same thing happens to me i jus give up on women they probs talk to 10 lads at the same time lol :/
Women on Facebook are nobs. It's always the leave without saying goodbye **** and the one word comment thing like they can't be arsed. There's nothing worse with writing "heyt ain't seen you in a while! How is everything going at uni?" and all they type is "ok. U?" after 10 mins.

I hate that it's an insult.

I've had enough of the whole thing. People just spying on you not commenting and then bitching about you in public, people adding you with no intent to talk... I'd much rather spend my time somewhere more social... like a forum. At least you can guarantee people are there for conversation and there's going to be a few friendly faces.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Dude this EXACT SAME THING is happening to me right now with a girl I like. We get on great, we flirt, we have deep conversations, she is clearly into me.. but she seemingly just walks off in the middle of a fb convo without warning every 30 minutes! She'll just go offline and I won't hear from her again for another 24 hours where she won't even bother saying "oh sorry this or that happened", she won't pick up where the convo left off, she seems oblivious to how rude and frustrating it is!

Girls, if you're one of those who does this, please for the love of christ stop it. It's INFURIATING.

lol, turn the tables on her then.

Women dont really like it when you turn the tables on them.
Reply 24
Original post by saey
I go offline in the middle of converstaions tons (to everyone).

Sometimes I just cba to say I need to go, or a really good friend skypes me, or whatever.

Gawd, don't get your knickers in a twist over something so small!

If there is a natural end in the conversation and you slip away, not a problem, but when people just walk off literally mid sentence it's pretty rude tbh.
Reply 25
You add people on facebook without intention of actually ever talking to them? What's that for, friend count?

No, I'm actually very selective with who I have on Facebook - I accept people I am friendly with in person. That doesn't mean I think we need to have conversations online. Facebook is useful for seeing what people get up to etc, not necessarily regular Facebook chat conversations.
Reply 26
Dude this EXACT SAME THING is happening to me right now with a girl I like. We get on great, we flirt, we have deep conversations, she is clearly into me.. but she seemingly just walks off in the middle of a fb convo without warning every 30 minutes! She'll just go offline and I won't hear from her again for another 24 hours where she won't even bother saying "oh sorry this or that happened", she won't pick up where the convo left off, she seems oblivious to how rude and frustrating it is!

Girls, if you're one of those who does this, please for the love of christ stop it. It's INFURIATING.

Yes, it's very infuriating, but guys do it too! I hate it, but it's not a purely female trait at all!
Reply 27
Original post by Betacra
You sure it's not just the fact that Facebook chat is absolutely terrible?

This.

Sometimes it logs you out or doesn't tell you you've received a reply.

I've accidentally ignored people or forgotten about them and gone and had a shower before coming online again and realising what's happened.
Reply 28
may be your profile seems very interesting but in reality you are no that interesting and they just get bored
To for real for real for real this **** is pissing me off and I told her how I feel and all she says is I'm sorry but I know for a fact that she don't mean it cuz she still does it
lmao this is actually what i do and tbh its because i'm not just going to be talking to someone, i'll be looking at other things on my phone/pc at the same time also i dont like being glued to my phone

stop being so impatient and demanding, people have other **** going on and its actually dumb af to get so offended over a facebook chat - chill it isnt that deep
Original post by basicallyshrek
lmao this is actually what i do and tbh its because i'm not just going to be talking to someone, i'll be looking at other things on my phone/pc at the same time also i dont like being glued to my phone

stop being so impatient and demanding, people have other **** going on and its actually dumb af to get so offended over a facebook chat - chill it isnt that deep

I'm not refuring to Facebook I'm talking about Google hangouts
Original post by Lorenzo988
I'm not refuring to Facebook I'm talking about Google hangouts

omg no wayy hahaha do people actually use that?? :rofl:
We get busy
Bruh literally in the middle like we are talking and stuff then she goes offline texts me 5 mins later then again we talk goes offline. Funny thing is she is ain’t busy or anything and that moment. Then after she does it a few time she just goes of for a ling period of time then the cycle repeats but it’s not always that I start the convo but is me who keeps on making it go so like idk what to do she’s my gf already but I am getting less and less attention so what should I do not answer or what?
To be honest no don't take it personally, she might just be crap at texting or chatting online and shy. Why don't you just try and fix an in-person date with her instead and see what happens.

Quick Reply