The Student Room Group

How do you get close to a girl when you've liked her for a while etc

So pretty much the topic explains most of it. I like a girl and have done since first year of uni, I had a chance to get with her but my mate liked her and I got out of the way at my own expense like an idiot. I defo think she fancied me, she had that look on her eyes. I still talk on facebook comments a fair bit but never chat and if I see her round uni it's really nice, she seems to have a twinkle of interest but I can't tell if its actual or not, on facebook its quite strange because when I comment or she comments it doesnt feel like she's saying these things as a mate and it feels kind of like she might like me sometimes. Only problem is I've known her a long time and it's quite difficult to find a social situation to make it not awkward or suggest I might like her without seeming to be coming onto her randomly. So what do I do? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So pretty much the topic explains most of it. I like a girl and have done since first year of uni, I had a chance to get with her but my mate liked her and I got out of the way at my own expense like an idiot. I defo think she fancied me, she had that look on her eyes. I still talk on facebook comments a fair bit but never chat and if I see her round uni it's really nice, she seems to have a twinkle of interest but I can't tell if its actual or not, on facebook its quite strange because when I comment or she comments it doesnt feel like she's saying these things as a mate and it feels kind of like she might like me sometimes. Only problem is I've known her a long time and it's quite difficult to find a social situation to make it not awkward or suggest I might like her without seeming to be coming onto her randomly. So what do I do? :smile:

Pretty much exactly the same situation as me. Next time we go out and she's a little bit tipsy, my plan is to start flirting with her and then hopefully kiss her. I guess that makes it clear that you like her and you'll also know for sure that she likes you. Thing is, in my case, she's a hallmate so i'm kinda hoping i get some time alone with her so she doesnt feel like her flatmates are watching and get put off.

That's my idea anyway, but hopefully someone else can make some more suggestions as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending