Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay, well, it's not MAJOR or an EMERGENCY. but, i have been really wondering this:
    Is TOPSHOP like a really nice "expensive" place to go shopping, or is it more on the cheap side.
    and also, what kind of store is it? i mean, i know it's a clothing store for women/girls/whatever, and i know that it's a really big chain of stores, but how popular is it?

i'm sort of into my own style of clothes...i don't like to wear what other people are wearing because i usually get sick of trends after like the second day, but if it's comfortable...i guess i'd wear it.

I'm also into some vintage stores, like used clothes, etc. but at the same time, i love department stores that sell really simple, but colorful clothes like plain t-shirts, plain long sleeve shirts, etc.

Could TOPSHOP be the kind of store i'm talking about? if not, or if you don't know, could you maybe tell me what kind of store you think it is and maybe give me the name or website of a couple stores that are more or less expensive.

YEAHHH!!! thanx for the help (in advance)

ReputationRep:
    Topshop does sell plain t-shirts in a variety of colours - a plain t-shirt starts at £5 and then goes up depending on length, style etc.

Basically, if you buy at Topshop then someone else will have what you own. You have to create an individual look with what is mass-produced.

But that said, they sell some very nice stuff.

ReputationRep:
    TopShop's Website

That should answer your questions. I love TopShop myself. Their underwear is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Love Topshop, it's fabulous, i work there as well though!

You say you like vintage well the bigger topshop stores do have a vintage section in them and i think the website does too!

i think its reasonably priced and you can find some original things that other people don't have in topshop boutique as well!

ReputationRep:
    Some of their basic clothes I think are a little overpriced. So, a plain black jumper will cost you something like £20 when it looks like it's worth about £10. There's some funky (can't think of another word!) in there, which is a bit original but there is always the danger that someone else has it. So like someone else said, team their clothes up with your own stuff.

Topshop is for women whilst Topman is for men. It is quite popular and you will always find a branch in a high street.

ReputationRep:
    oo! thanx. k, i'm getting it now. lol

could someone maybe compare TOPSHOP to another store so i could get an even better idea? like, i dunno, Harrod's (totally, COMPLETELY different...i know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgzgomoo)
    oo! thanx. k, i'm getting it now. lol

could someone maybe compare TOPSHOP to another store so i could get an even better idea? like, i dunno, Harrod's (totally, COMPLETELY different...i know)
    TopShop - Nearly everything, excluding Vintage, is below £100.
    Harrods - [I've never been there myself] Most of the clothes will probably be £100+ and if you're not dressed in a certain way, i.e, a ball gown, they frown upon you and I believe my friend was asked to leave because of the way she was dressed.

TopShop and Miss Selfridge would probably be your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    I think H&M would be a good choice - they have some really cool stuff in there and it is very reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DartsOfPleasure)
    I think H&M would be a good choice - they have some really cool stuff in there and it is very reasonably priced.
    Ooh yes, agreed!

ReputationRep:
    H&M is nice too, but some of the stuff isn't that great a quality which is what I'm always wary of in there.

That said, I have some really cool & unusual stuff from H&M.

And the emo girls love it!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.