Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Can anyone help in evaluating a chemistry practical. I heated hydrated iron crystals and I did a titration. I know all the evaluations are pretty much the same, so it can be an evaluation on any chemistry experiment really. Any suggestions? Help will be very appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Accuracy of equipment; affect of this on results. You might also want to mention any loop-holes in your procedure, i.e. if your procedure needs refining, to make the results more accurate.

ReputationRep:
    Suggestions of further work you could do are generally recommended. Any problems you had - perhaps you had to make up a solution and couldn't be sure if you got all the solid dissolved, etc. Sometimes when you heat things you can't keep the temperature constant, you may have conducted different parts of the experiment on different days, solutions may not have been homogenous, crystals may not have been pure, etc. Anything that would have stopped it being a fair/accurate test.

ReputationRep:
    cheers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 3, 2006

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.