China. Again Watch

Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
OK, different tack. Bismarck was uncontested for China (as opposed to the votes for the US and UK), right? And he did not nominate a successor (monarchy in the MUN!). So it seems only fair to choose the next Chinese rep by a GA decision.

So. Nominations for the post of Chinese Representative, please - I shouldn't have to tell you that you cannot nominate yourself. There's no way of forcing a time limit on nominations, unfortunately, so would anyone object to the following system: The first 3 to be nominated as a potential rep, once they confirm their willingness, get put into a poll.

Objections, better ideas welcome.
Teehar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well, i would like the job, if anyone's willing to nominate me....
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I fully support this idea, its probably more efficient than voting on one member.

Further: I would like to nominate Wootcannon. He is an active memeber of this board, and I think deserves a more prominent country than the Ukraine.
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would definetly support Teehar and Nightowl, both extremely active members. I am also very thankful to Nightowl for nominating me, and although I disagree with China's government, if voted as China, I would put that aside and work as China, within "character".

Quick question: Can I still keep Ukraine?
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
If you become the delegate for China, you mean? No. One country ought to be enough for anyone; power-hungry megalomaniacs will just have to live with that.
Jangliss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Note to China: one country ought to be enough... Free Tibet!
Wootcannon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But I want to be a power-hungry megalomaniac with a first-world country as well as a third-world hellhole ruled by insane despots.

I'll gladly take the first-world country though, I'm not one for change :p:
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is this election for a new delegate ever going to get underway? things seem to be running really slowly of late.:rolleyes:
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think the SG wants three nominations, at the moment I think we have two - Wootcannon and Teehar.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i nominate Nightowl.
Nightowl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am thankful to Teehar for nominating me, although it was probably mostly in the interest of moving things along :P

Malaysia would also like to mention that the King of KSA is welcome back to Kuala Lumpur at any time, we celebrate unity between our two muslim nations.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.ph...59514284&par=0
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nightowl)
I am thankful to Teehar for nominating me, although it was probably mostly in the interest of moving things along :P

Malaysia would also like to mention that the King of KSA is welcome back to Kuala Lumpur at any time, we celebrate unity between our two muslim nations.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.ph...59514284&par=0
the KSA thanks Malaysia for its invitation and hopes that our relationship will flourish in the future

meanwhile, now that there are three nominations, can we get on with it?:p:
Agent Smith
Rep:
?
Sure thing. Poll is on the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads