What would you do if you happened to be born ugly? Watch

bluejeansdave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeah exactly!!!
Mr/Miss/Mrs you are quiet right. The topic opens up various topics, what if the was a world where about, what some people here are talking about being ugly was the other way round, in saying being ugly was looking cool . Worth thinging about,yeah.
pelactere_galea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I used to be so cute as a kid. Was picked up for child modelling. Then someone beat me with a potato sack over my head and it made so that I was not attractive to look at for the entirity of my adolesence. Lately however the bruises and scars from the sack incident are beginning to heal and I am once more seeing bits and pieces of the child me.

That is all.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bluejeansdave)
But most of those so called "ugly spotty *******s" have another thing that maybe others don't have. That being a really kind caring and loving ugly spotty ******* person!
I don't agree with the assumption that just because someone is not gorgeous, they're automatically a lovely person. Similarly just because someone is very attractive doesn't mean they're horrible.

I do find this thread as a whole quite offensive though.
zooropa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do find this thread as a whole quite offensive though.
Because you're ugly?

I wonder about these people who claim to be ugly. My best friend has been described as drop dead gorgeous and yet she doesn't see it herself and describes herself as pig ugly, she means it too. I've seen pics of her as a baby and must admit that she was perhaps a bit of an ugly duckling, but you wouldn't say that of her now, believe me. I also saw a prog once about kids who were the babies on pears soap, they were gorgeous but when they grew up it didn't translate into classic adult beauty.
So they lack confidence. They're losers then.
Toscar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone hate really goodlooking, really clever, and really successful people , or am i the only one? I just think they shouldn't hog all of jesus' beautiful bounty. *******s.
dream
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pelactere_galea)
I used to be so cute as a kid. Was picked up for child modelling. Then someone beat me with a potato sack over my head and it made so that I was not attractive to look at for the entirity of my adolesence. Lately however the bruises and scars from the sack incident are beginning to heal and I am once more seeing bits and pieces of the child me.

That is all.
hahahaha, sorry thats soo cute =)
[hope thats not true though..loool]
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zooropa)
Because you're ugly?
Probably. But also all the ridiculous associations that have been made. I worked reasonably at school because I was good at it, not because of some silly attempt to prove to the prettier people I was better than them.
zooropa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So you don't like yourself. Figures.
jd27
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Would it make that much difference to the things you did? It would effect the way other people reacted to you but I don't think I'd act any differently. I've always worked really hard at stuff and tried to be good at everything and that has nothing to so with how I look. People who are really attractive aren't just born then sit there being attractive having already achieved their life goal!
I did
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Toscar)
does anyone hate really goodlooking, really clever, and really successful people , or am i the only one? I just think they shouldn't hog all of jesus' beautiful bounty. *******s.
hehe, it does seem a bit unfair... that reminds me of having read somewhere the other day that Rachel Weisz graduated from Cambridge.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zooropa)
So you don't like yourself. Figures.
I'd love to know where you got that from.
spendaholic83
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really couldn't care less what people think of me. I am no model thats for sure, but I think that I dress well, my hair is nice and I always try and smile. Those 3 can go a long way to making a person look good. (Unless of course you have decaying teeth!)

I think that having a nice personality and being an honest, friendly person is far more important than having "pretty" or "good looking" features.

to the op: Your question is rather stupid don't you think. You should work hard whether you are "pretty" or "ugly". who gives a ****? I don't
phantom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what is this thread on about, ok some people thinks your ugly so what get on with your life, why should you change yourself you shouldnt care what people think about you. never judge a book by its cover yada yada yada
bluejeansdave
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lauradelightful)
I really couldn't care less what people think of me. I am no model thats for sure, but I think that I dress well, my hair is nice and I always try and smile. Those 3 can go a long way to making a person look good. (Unless of course you have decaying teeth!)

I think that having a nice personality and being an honest, friendly person is far more important than having "pretty" or "good looking" features.

to the op: Your question is rather stupid don't you think. You should work hard whether you are "pretty" or "ugly". who gives a ****? I don't
You make a lotta sense, thats what I think. But yeah it would seem a lot do "give a f- - k". Which is there view. But to me I still ask the question who and how do we know what is really 'pretty or ugly'. Before whoever next adds to this topic, think just that!
Anonymous #4
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nuheen)
I didnt know that! Well its true, and truth doesnt change.
yeah i was being sarcastic...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by lauradelightful)

Suppose, good point.
bluejeansdave
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Look one way out of all this, is let people be and look how they want yeah.
princess-anna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was a very, very ugly kid from about 7 - 13, then puberty happened i got tall, lost weight stopped wearing glasses and now would regard myself s quite good looking. What im saying is that you dont look the same for ever and theres always ways to make yourselves look better,

However there is too much emphasis on physical perfection in our society and i think that this gives us impossable goals to try to live up to, as they say beauty is only skin deep, i'd prefer to be told that someone thought i was a good / clever / moral / kind person than be called pretty any day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads