TSR Aviators Society Watch

Eternity Forever
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts as you are about to meet ........... ME!

Name: Charlotte
Desired career: Business career in the aviaiton industry, with maybe the FAA/JAA. Still not sure! (any ideas?)
PPL Owner?: No, but will get one during my career
Favourite aircraft: Tornado GR4
Airshows: Been to one, in swindon last year's summer.(If you know of any up coming ones let me know)

And oh yeah, AVIATION IS THE BEST COZ ITS BETTER THAN THE REST!(Haha!, private joke)

P.s. Add me on the Aviators Society! Also does anyone know where I can get updated news on boeing/airbuses, etc (Any suggestions will be appreciated!)
Thank you!
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by mysterious lady)
Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts as you are about to meet ........... ME!

Desired career: Business career in the aviaiton industry, with maybe the FAA/JAA. Still not sure! (any ideas?)
Airshows: Been to one, in swindon last year's summer.(If you know of any up coming ones let me know)

And oh yeah, AVIATION IS THE BEST COZ ITS BETTER THAN THE REST!(Haha!, private joke)

P.s. Add me on the Aviators Society! Also does anyone know where I can get updated news on boeing/airbuses, etc (Any suggestions will be appreciated!)
Thank you!
Hey Charlotte! :wavey:

You have to officially join this soc on TSR too (click me).
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
Hey Charlotte! :wavey:

You have to officially join this soc on TSR too (click me).
Done! Did you get my request?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Done! Did you get my request?
Yes, welcome aboard hunny. =) You have a nifty 'Aviators' panel in the "My Societies" menu at the top right-hand corner of every one of your posts. :cool:
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, welcome aboard hunny. =) You have a nifty 'Aviators' panel in the "My Societies" menu at the top right-hand corner of every one of your posts. :cool:
yay!
Knogle
Rep:
?
yay!
:gthumb:

So tell us a bit more about yourself. How old are you, what are you studying, where, etc?
PrinceOfCats
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On seeing the title, I thought this society was going to be dedicated to the classic Ray Ban sunglasses
Knogle
Rep:
?
(Original post by PrinceOfCats)
On seeing the title, I thought this society was going to be dedicated to the classic Ray Ban sunglasses
:eek:

We're true blue aviators. Join us. :cool: :gthumb:
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:gthumb:

So tell us a bit more about yourself. How old are you, what are you studying, where, etc?
Sure, I am Charlotte. I am 16 years old. I am almost done with my GCSEs and will be studying Mathematics with Mechanics, French, Geography and Economics for A-levels Possibly Physics, if I still want to do an aeronautical engineering degree at University. I am currently in a high school, but will be transfering to college in september. Errm I love going to airshows, Also I admire Richard Branson (only the aviation side of his businesses). And errm feel free to ask me any questions you might want to ask!
Knogle
Rep:
?
Sure, I am Charlotte. I am 16 years old. I am almost done with my GCSEs and will be studying Mathematics with Mechanics, French, Geography and Economics for A-levels Possibly Physics, if I still want to do an aeronautical engineering degree at University. I am currently in a high school, but will be transfering to college in september. Errm I love going to airshows, Also I admire Richard Branson (only the aviation side of his businesses). And errm feel free to ask me any questions you might want to ask!
Excellent subject combination you have there. =) Which university are you aiming for - Imperial i reckon?
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Excellent subject combination you have there. =) Which university are you aiming for - Imperial i reckon?
Hmm, I am not sure yet, but indeed I would like to go to one of the best ofcourse. The obvious ones are oxford and cambridge, but any of the best that will provide my course will do.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Hmm, I am not sure yet, but indeed I would like to go to one of the best ofcourse. The obvious ones are oxford and cambridge, but any of the best that will provide my course will do.
Good luck with your application then. =) Keep us posted!
LouE3D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Thank you!
For airshow dates check out the RAF website.... just off top of my head, Waddington is on July 1st, Fairford (sp?) few weeks later and RIAT is in August!
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LouE3D)
For airshow dates check out the RAF website.... just off top of my head, Waddington is on July 1st, Fairford (sp?) few weeks later and RIAT is in August!
Cheers mate, I'll check out their Webiste
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No problem, anytime
Knogle
Rep:
?
That's what us fellow aviator(-wannabe)s are here for.
Eternity Forever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know where I can get updated news on boeing/airbuses/business side of aviation? etc (Any suggestions will be appreciated!)

Thanks in advance,
Mysterious lady.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Does anyone know where I can get updated news on boeing/airbuses/business side of aviation? etc (Any suggestions will be appreciated!)

Thanks in advance,
Mysterious lady.
I actually read a couple of aviation blogs written by pilots, academics in the aviation industry, boeing/airbus employees, etc. They keep me fairly up to date with the industry. Try heading to http://del.icio.us and search for the 'aviation' tag - look at the popular links.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Thanks in advance,
Mysterious lady.
www.flightglobal.com
www.boeing.com
www.airbus.com/en

And not forgetting the aviation geek's heaven: www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/
Knogle
Rep:
?
Too common for my liking. I rather go for the more exotic and lower-profile websites. That's where true gems lie.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (503)
46.79%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (334)
31.07%
I don't have an opinion (238)
22.14%

Watched Threads