TSR Aviators Society Watch

LFC24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
IIRC you can take that along as long as it fits the hand luggage size requirements, which varies from airline to airline AFAIK.

Uh, and no liquids in them. :p:
Thanks! Flying with Jet2 btw.
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually, the size is set by the government or BAA, not the airline. Off the top of my head, the dimensions are something like 45cm by 35cm by 16cm - an average laptop bag.

You can take anything in your hand luggage, apart from cosmetics (including in powder, aerosole, liquid or gel form), liquids, gels, sharps and cigarette lighters. Lighters can't even go in the hold - you have to buy them when you land.

Electronic items have to be removed from your bag and X-rayed separately. Baby food and baby milk can be taken through security but must be sampled at the security point.

You can buy liquids and gels "airside" (after security) and take these on board, UNLESS you are flying to America, in which case they have to be binned before boarding the aircraft.

This was all from an information leaflet at Stansted Airport, which I've been handing out over the last few days - will be the same for all airports in the UK.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Gee, listen to the man!
djmm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thomasp)
You can buy liquids and gels "airside" (after security) and take these on board, UNLESS you are flying to America, in which case they have to be binned before boarding the aircraft.

This was all from an information leaflet at Stansted Airport, which I've been handing out over the last few days - will be the same for all airports in the UK.
You can't buy liquids once airside. BAA aren't allowing anyone to embark with them, no matter where they're bought from (hence WH Smiths and the likes aren't selling them). Having to take your shoes off to go through security... Now that's fun! :rolleyes:

Name: DJ Mark
PPL Owner? Negative. 5k to fly a Cessna? Aye...!
  • Base Airport: Currently working at Glasgow.
  • Aircraft Flown: Cessna and... Cessna!
  • Favourite Aircraft Flown: Cessna (no other A/C to form a subjective opinion ).
Interested in military/civil aircraft: Mil, aye.
Favourite Aircraft: The beautiful (and forever) FA2.
Most exotic country you've travelled to: England! (Ehh... Can't think)
Aviation blog/journal address: I was an AE in the Navee until June 23rd last year when I decided to leave and am currently applying (Aircrew) to the RAF.
LFC24
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Name: Irfan Patel
PPL Owner? No
Interested in military/civil aircraft: Civil.
Favourite Aircraft: As far as looks go, A330-300. Actual aircraft flown on, A310.
Most exotic country you've travelled to: Dubai, UAE.
Aviation blog/journal address: None.
djmm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Poor lasses today got their toothpaste taken off them... She even knew the captain - and was standing beside him. And there's me getting on to the airfield with almond oil for my ears...
LFC24
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone here been to AMS or familiar with it? Need some info on Kaagbaan, buslines etc.
Knogle
Rep:
?
AMS is?

Heh, I just read a report that female passengers were forced to remove their cosmetics from their hand luggage. ^o)
Knogle
Rep:
?
By the way, please welcome Joey C. ;rambo; He is currently studying for a BTEC National Certificate in Airline and Airport Ops at The Aviation Academy, based at LBA Southside.
LFC24
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
By the way, please welcome Joey C. ;rambo; He is currently studying for a BTEC National Certificate in Airline and Airport Ops at The Aviation Academy, based at LBA Southside.
lol, thanks.

AMS - Amsterdam Schipol.
djmm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Welcome aboard Joey C. I really shouldn't be welcoming anyone, as I've only contributed in the last page? Oh well!

Heh, I just read a report that female passengers were forced to remove their cosmetics from their hand luggage. ^o)
Yeah - that's why I said about the female staffand their toothpaste. They have to remove everything.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ryanair's take on the new security proceedures: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...=060822-ASP-EN

(Go to www.ryanair.com and click on the link below "Hand Baggage Requirements")

After some of the things Mr. O'Leary has been saying over the last week, I am never going to get on one of his aircraft in my life. He's shown that all he cares about is the amount of money lining his back pocket and doesn't care about the safety of his own passengers and other airline's passengers.
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thomasp)
Ryanair's take on the new security proceedures: http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...=060822-ASP-EN
:laugh:
Knogle
Rep:
?
Please welcome davo330! #groovy#

He is due to start Aviation Management at London Met and has been in the cabin crew for the last 7 years.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Please welcome iggy_wiggy! ;banana2;

By the way, I just chanced upon http://www.bloggingpilots.com - makes for some interesting reads. It aggregates blog posts from around the blogosphere... chopper pilots, student pilots, commercial airline pilots, instructors, ATCs, and so on.

Oh, and I just visited the RSAF open house! Witnessed an airshow which displayed the F-16D block 52+, F-5S, F-5T, F-16C, C-130 Hercules, AH-64D Apache, Super Puma, CH-47 Chinook, KC-135, and so on. There was a ground battle simulation too, along with rappelling by a couple of guardsmen, and parachuting by a handful of commandos. It was phenomenal.
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For those who didn't know, on the 30th of August, Airbus did a little "showing off" in Toulouse. They took four A380s - 3 Rolls powered, one GE powered - taxied them out onto the runway together (well, one after the other), took off one after the other, flew around for a bit then did a formation fly over Toulouse and the airport.

Video here: http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles...ight+over.html
lindindin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
* Name: Lindis
* PPL Owner? PPL C in progress
o Base Airport: EDTM, Germany
o Years of experience flying as PIC: 4
o Aircraft Flown: ASK21, K8, DuoDiscus, Junior
o Favourite Aircraft FlownuoDiscus
* Interested in military/civil aircraft:both
* Favourite Aircraft: Cessna CitationX, DuoDiscus, eta, SR-71 Blackbird
* Most exotic country you've travelled to: British VIrgin Islands
* Aviation blog/journal address: none
Knogle
Rep:
?
(Original post by lindindin)
* Name: Lindis
* PPL Owner? PPL C in progress
o Base Airport: EDTM, Germany
o Years of experience flying as PIC: 4
o Aircraft Flown: ASK21, K8, DuoDiscus, Junior
o Favourite Aircraft FlownuoDiscus
* Interested in military/civil aircraft:both
* Favourite Aircraft: Cessna CitationX, DuoDiscus, eta, SR-71 Blackbird
* Most exotic country you've travelled to: British VIrgin Islands
* Aviation blog/journal address: none
Welcome aboard dear. =] :yy:
flyboy123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Please can i join

Name:Flyboy123
PPL Owner? Yeas
Base Airport: Bournemouth
Years of experience flying as PIC:1
Aircraft FlownR200, PA28-161, PA28-181, AA5A, C172, C152, C172 (diesel)
Favourite Aircraft FlownR200
Interested in military/civil aircraft:yup
Favourite Aircraftarrier
Most exotic country you've travelled toSA (wow thats rubbish)
Aviation blog/journal address: nah
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A Diesel 172???? What was that like - noisier or quieter than a standard AvGas one?

I've heard a 172 which had a silencer on the exhaust - well "heard" is probably the wrong word Such a quiet aircraft.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (387)
74.42%
No (133)
25.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed