TSR Aviators Society Watch

CSmiley91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chris the Mathematician!)
Ah nice! I find out if im in NUAS on thursday! Whats your bursary for?

I so hope I get in...
I'm getting a bursary for Logistics

Good luck, hope that it works out well for you
spaztasticmania
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thread Change

Hey everyone, just in the name of being able to update the member list and keep everything in order, I've requested that the thread for this society be moved to THIS thread... This will allow me to keep the first post (and thus title page of the society) up to date, instead of it dating from 2007 :p:. Of course, if nobody wants to move I can revoke the request... Just thought it'd be nice to have a fresh start!

spaztasticmania
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spaztasticmania)
Thread Change

Hey everyone, just in the name of being able to update the member list and keep everything in order, I've requested that the thread for this society be moved to THIS thread... This will allow me to keep the first post (and thus title page of the society) up to date, instead of it dating from 2007 :p:. Of course, if nobody wants to move I can revoke the request... Just thought it'd be nice to have a fresh start!

spaztasticmania
Yeah, that's a great idea!
ajayhp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i love planes
cornford4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chris the Mathematician!)
Brilliant that the thread should be coming alive again!!
Anyone else in here currently in the UAS or waiting on finding out if your in?
Yes I am in the UBAS
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello all, i am a new member of this society and i am hopefully gonna have my pilot's license soon.
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by boromir9111)
Hello all, i am a new member of this society and i am hopefully gonna have my pilot's license soon.
Hello there!

Check out the new thread for this society here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?p=2193809

boromir9111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for showing me the new thread, it's very interesting to say the least lol..... who here has recently got their pilot's license is planning on getting one very soon? if so please tell me of your experiences on that journey. Thanks in advance.
spaztasticmania
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by boromir9111)
Thanks for showing me the new thread, it's very interesting to say the least lol..... who here has recently got their pilot's license is planning on getting one very soon? if so please tell me of your experiences on that journey. Thanks in advance.
We're trying to use that thread as the society thread, so if you re-post your message there, that'd be great :yes:

Just can't convince the moderation team to move the official forum to that one, and I don't know why they won't :pinch:
spaztasticmania
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spaztasticmania)
Thread Change

spaztasticmania
This
pug
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Name: Pug
* PPL Owner? shortly
o Base Airport: Humberside
o Years of experience flying as PIC: 6 hours solo
o Aircraft Flown:C150

Hope i can join
CraigJL
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
# Name: Craig
# PPL Owner: Have 24 hours logged on PPL (Katana DA-20)
# Interested in military/civil aircraft: Civil only
# Favourite Aircraft: B757
# Most exotic country you've travelled to: Barbados
boromir9111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hope to get a flight license later in the future hopefully!!! if someone could guide me on that, would be much appreciated!!!
CraigJL
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
^^

I'm happy to go over the available routes with you if you're in the UK.
boromir9111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CraigJL)
^^

I'm happy to go over the available routes with you if you're in the UK.
Sorry for the late response mate!!! but if it's not too much trouble for you, that would be great if you can!!!
the greatest
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Name: Neil
PPL Owner?: I intend on later in life
Interested in military/civil aircraft: Military aircraft in particular
Favourite Aircraft: lockheed p 38
Most exotic country you've travelled to: I have been to a huge number of countries, probably in terms of most exotic for me personally, was cyprus or Malaysia!
Rich_183
Report 8 years ago
Hello all,
Firstly thanks for letting me join up, I used to go gliding a lot, managed to go solo last in August 2009 in a K21 glider, will post some pics up later when i have time
TheFlyingAttorney
Report 8 years ago
* Name: Fi
* PPL Owner? (If no, skip the following sub questions):Nuu
o Aircraft Flown: Cessna 152, Simulated Boeing 747
o Favourite Aircraft Flown: ...Well
* Interested in military/civil aircraft: Oh hell yes
* Favourite Aircraft: F-15 as a classic, SR-71 as an achievement, Concorde as a symbol
* Most exotic country you've travelled to: Seattle in the USA is the furthest I've been from England, Florida is probably the most exotic place, Venice and Rome were exciting cities.
fleur de lis
Badges: 3
Report 8 years ago
Hi everyone,

We're just checking in with all the socs post-update to check everything's ok. You can see your new social group page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=35

Neither of your leaders are particularly active any more, so does anyone want to volunteer to be either a leader or a deputy?
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fleur de lis)
Hi everyone,

We're just checking in with all the socs post-update to check everything's ok. You can see your new social group page here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=35

Neither of your leaders are particularly active any more, so does anyone want to volunteer to be either a leader or a deputy?
Meh, I'll take it. What's involved?

EDIT:
May as well do the standard thing too:

Name: Schleigg
* PPL Owner? (If no, skip the following sub questions): Yes
o Aircraft Flown: Rans Coyote, Grob Vigilant, Grob Tutor, Slingsby Firefly 160&260 , Shorts Tucano, BAe Hawk, Beechcraft King Air B200, C-130 Hercules.
o Favourite Aircraft Flown: Firefly
* Interested in military/civil aircraft: Both I suppose
* Favourite Aircraft: B1-B Lancer.
* Most exotic country you've travelled to: Too many to choose.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (217)
78.34%
No (60)
21.66%

Watched Threads