The Student Room Group

Asian girl sex at age 18?

Hey, so I'm 17 and I'm a Hindu. My parents aren't all that religious but they're really protective of me, and don't exactly like the idea of me and my boyfriend being together. :frown: So I can't even begin to imagine what they would think of me having sex with my bf. They aren't too strict with all this stuff like I think the majority are, but they are still for the 'no sex before marriage' stuff which is a pain :/ Not that I'd tell them if I did, but I don't know if it would be responsible of me. Of course I'd use protection and everything. But still.

So I was just wondering if any Asian girls out there have a bf and have had/will have sex at the age of 17(or younger)? Because I've been with my bf for over 2 years now, everything has gone extremely well, and we do want to be together. He's never cheated on me and he's quite a good looking guy so he always gets attention from other girls but he clearly shows he's not interested, -so I'm sure I can trust him. And he's getting to the stage where he wants to do it with me. He's English and 18. And I don't particularly mind, I'm just wondering whether anyone else is in the same sort of situation? And do you think it would be right to do this? Any advice?

Thanks! (:

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 17 year old asian girl, my parents are strict and i don't mind having sex at this age.
Reply 2
Original post by darkxangel
I'm a 17 year old asian girl, my parents are strict and i don't mind having sex at this age.

Thanks for your input :smile: Because its something people would say they wouldn't mind but wouldn't actually do being Asian.
hey i'm indian but i havn't had sex or anything but i can kinda understand how you're feeling. even though there is nothing wrong with pre marital sex, you just feel like you're doing something wrong because you've been brought up to think that it is. i personally see nothing wrong with it. if YOU wanna do it then do it. just be safe and responsible i guess. trust me a lot of south asian girls do have sex before marriage. lol i personally would NOT tell my parents but yeah...just make sure you're safe so that you don't give your parents an excuse to say 'i told you so' (more likely you'll get a slap in the face but yeah lol)
Reply 4
Original post by IndianDancer
hey i'm indian but i havn't had sex or anything but i can kinda understand how you're feeling. even though there is nothing wrong with pre marital sex, you just feel like you're doing something wrong because you've been brought up to think that it is. i personally see nothing wrong with it. if YOU wanna do it then do it. just be safe and responsible i guess. trust me a lot of south asian girls do have sex before marriage. lol i personally would NOT tell my parents but yeah...just make sure you're safe so that you don't give your parents an excuse to say 'i told you so' (more likely you'll get a slap in the face but yeah lol)

Haha, thanks for your reply! :smile: Yeah that's exactly what I meant; I just feel it's wrong. :L
Glad I'm not the only one then, didn't know "a lot" of Indian girls had sex before marriage, but hey, you learn something new everyday.
I'm also a Hindu and I was in a similar situation, however my parents didn't know about my boyfriend (and still don't) as they're incredibly strict, but we first had sex when I was 17 and he was 18. He's also English, so yeah, even worse by my parent's view.

The thing is, it was a very personal decision for me to make. I mean, I definitely never want to sleep around so I had to make sure our relationship was solid, but yeah, it got to the stage where I trusted him with my life more than anyone else and I knew I loved him. I'm not naive, btw - it's just how I felt. Oh, and the fact that he never pressured me and made it very clear that he would wait for as long as I wanted and that he was in no rush definitely helped. He even made sure that it was a good decision on my part and if he didn't think I was ready, he would actually tell me.

But yeah, I just figured that my parents shouldn't equate in it all - I mean, unless you believe in no sex before marriage too, then really it's just when it feels right for you. Sorry, but we can't tell you when that is - you need to see when you're personally ready :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so I'm 17 and I'm a Hindu. My parents aren't all that religious but they're really protective of me, and don't exactly like the idea of me and my boyfriend being together. :frown: So I can't even begin to imagine what they would think of me having sex with my bf. They aren't too strict with all this stuff like I think the majority are, but they are still for the 'no sex before marriage' stuff which is a pain :/ Not that I'd tell them if I did, but I don't know if it would be responsible of me. Of course I'd use protection and everything. But still.

So I was just wondering if any Asian girls out there have a bf and have had/will have sex at the age of 17(or younger)? Because I've been with my bf for over 2 years now, everything has gone extremely well, and we do want to be together. He's never cheated on me and he's quite a good looking guy so he always gets attention from other girls but he clearly shows he's not interested, -so I'm sure I can trust him. And he's getting to the stage where he wants to do it with me. He's English and 18. And I don't particularly mind, I'm just wondering whether anyone else is in the same sort of situation? And do you think it would be right to do this? Any advice?

Thanks! (:

LOL- YES plenty of indian girls have...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Midnight-Sky-Blue
I'm also a Hindu and I was in a similar situation, however my parents didn't know about my boyfriend (and still don't) as they're incredibly strict, but we first had sex when I was 17 and he was 18. He's also English, so yeah, even worse by my parent's view.

The thing is, it was a very personal decision for me to make. I mean, I definitely never want to sleep around so I had to make sure our relationship was solid, but yeah, it got to the stage where I trusted him with my life more than anyone else and I knew I loved him. I'm not naive, btw - it's just how I felt. Oh, and the fact that he never pressured me and made it very clear that he would wait for as long as I wanted and that he was in no rush definitely helped. He even made sure that it was a good decision on my part and if he didn't think I was ready, he would actually tell me.

But yeah, I just figured that my parents shouldn't equate in it all - I mean, unless you believe in no sex before marriage too, then really it's just when it feels right for you. Sorry, but we can't tell you when that is - you need to see when you're personally ready :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you :smile: No I don't believe in no sex before marriage. And yes I too trust my bf completely, he's never pressurized me into it or anything, I just feel he's waited long enough and it's my turn to please him, besides I'm definitely ready for it. Do you get loads of stares when you two are together, cos he's white? Cos I certainly do, and it puts me off sometimes :s-smilie:
Haha, thanks for your reply! :smile: Yeah that's exactly what I meant; I just feel it's wrong. :L
Glad I'm not the only one then, didn't know "a lot" of Indian girls had sex before marriage, but hey, you learn something new everyday.

oh trust me they do. well...maybe not a LOT but more than you would expect. and i guess when you don't know any indian girls that are sexually active you feel guilty because you think you are the only one to do it but don't worry. :smile: i mean i know this girl who is indian, who will go out with a guy JUST because he has a big penis. LOL i mean she's an EXCEPTION but still...not really what you would expect from an indian girl if you're going by stereotypes you know? like the other girl said, you're parents and your friends and whoever should not equate in your decision to have sex. just be strong mentally...if you wanna do it then do it. just be responsible :biggrin: good luck :smile:
He's English and 18.

Am i the only who finds this annoying,plz stop calling white english,if your born here your english,no matter ur ethnic background

and yes 2 yrs, go for it and shag away,be happy
Reply 10
When I read these threads I begin to wonder if my Indian parents are relatively more laid back. I met my now husband at secondary school (he is not the same race or colour as me). My mum and dad said I should wait after Uni and if we still feel the same way about each than they would have no objections (unlike some other family members). We knew we were right for each other, and we didn't until we got married.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by meenu89
When I read these threads I begin to wonder if my Indian parents are relatively more laid back. I met my now husband at secondary school (he is not the same race or colour as me). My mum and dad said I should wait after Uni and if we still feel the same way about each than they would have no objections (unlike some other family members).

Wow, seems pretty laid back to me.
Reply 12
Original post by britishgoose01
Am i the only who finds this annoying,plz stop calling white english,if your born here your english,no matter ur ethnic background

How can someone be born in England be English if their parents are Indian?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Nutta!
LOL- YES plenty of indian girls have...

Haha, well I was never aware.
Reply 14
Original post by britishgoose01

He is English and he is white though, so what else should I say to describe his race or whatever. :P
I was born here, but I'm not English, I'm British.
Haha, I'll take your advice.
Reply 15
Original post by Ski_girl

If there parents are British citizens wouldn't they be british as well? Therefore making them english no matter where there parents were from?

And this is a bit off topic btw
yeh soz
Reply 17
Wow, seems pretty laid back to me.

I know someone who was made to marry the man she was 'messing around' with :eek:
Thank you :smile: No I don't believe in no sex before marriage. And yes I too trust my bf completely, he's never pressurized me into it or anything, I just feel he's waited long enough and it's my turn to please him, besides I'm definitely ready for it. Do you get loads of stares when you two are together, cos he's white? Cos I certainly do, and it puts me off sometimes :s-smilie:

Well that's good that you trust him, but do it for yourself too and not just to please him. :smile: If you really think you're ready, then just be careful and gradually keep bringing the idea up in conversation. It really helped me as then my boyfriend knew I was considering it and he then was able to properly assess if I was sure and it was good to talk about my thoughts aloud to him.

And hmm, we do get stares sometimes but tbh, I just don't notice it now. I mean, I don't really care what the public think as I'll probably never see those people again in my life. I know it doesn't bother my boyfriend at all and he's said. But yeah, I honestly don't notice it too much - I just focus on him :smile:
Original post by Ski_girl

if they are born and raised in britain then obviously they are british

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending