The Student Room Group

Asian girl sex at age 18?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so I'm 17 and I'm a Hindu. My parents aren't all that religious but they're really protective of me, and don't exactly like the idea of me and my boyfriend being together. :frown: So I can't even begin to imagine what they would think of me having sex with my bf. They aren't too strict with all this stuff like I think the majority are, but they are still for the 'no sex before marriage' stuff which is a pain :/ Not that I'd tell them if I did, but I don't know if it would be responsible of me. Of course I'd use protection and everything. But still.

So I was just wondering if any Asian girls out there have a bf and have had/will have sex at the age of 17(or younger)? Because I've been with my bf for over 2 years now, everything has gone extremely well, and we do want to be together. He's never cheated on me and he's quite a good looking guy so he always gets attention from other girls but he clearly shows he's not interested, -so I'm sure I can trust him. And he's getting to the stage where he wants to do it with me. He's English and 18. And I don't particularly mind, I'm just wondering whether anyone else is in the same sort of situation? And do you think it would be right to do this? Any advice?

Thanks! (:

wait.

Are you really a hindu? I know you were born into a hindu family, but do you actually believe in it? If you do, if you know the teachings say 'no pre-marital sex' or whatever, then don't do it. Obviously because then you'd be disobeying whatever the teachings say.

If you don't really believe in the religion, if you are just hindu by default (because you're parents are) and you don't really care about it, then fine. Be safe, be responsible, but when you're ready, go for it.

What I'm saying is, you said that you're Hindu at the beginning of your post, yet you're asking if you can do something that is forbidden in Hindu teachings. Decide whether you are actually going to take the Hindu teachings seriously or not! I hope that makes sense...
Not that this has anything to do with what I was asking about. But I wouldn't consider myself English because I'm Indian. My parents were born here, so was I, the only language I can speak fluently is English but I still don't think I'm English. I'm definitely British though :biggrin:

it depends on the person, all my friends of different ethnicities that were born and raised here think of themselves as english....

i think you would have more in common with an english person than an actual indian person, just my opinion ofc.
Reply 42
Original post by darkxangel
I'm a 17 year old asian girl, my parents are strict and i don't mind having sex at this age.

:borat:
Ha, good :smile: I wouldn't have thought it was a problem for the guy actually, I never even thought about that. Haha, should have hidden the condoms better. Yeah that's the problem I have, if my parents do find out, I don't think they would mind TOO much, but I'd probably feel a bit guilty, and they'd probs think of me as irresponsible :/ Asian parents, eh :L For me, its also my mum that is okay with my bf, dad goes a bit bonkers whenever he comes round :L
Thanks for replying :smile:

When he Comes Around!! See you got it miles better than me-that wouldnt and never would happen in my house. Regards to the first Gf (causasian), my dad stopped speaking to me for MONTHS when he found out. Imagine living in the same house, and somebody not speaking to you (unless it was having underhand rude, nasty comments thrown at you). Its shocking in hindsight how he behaved.
Original post by Pride
wait.

Are you really a hindu? I know you were born into a hindu family, but do you actually believe in it? If you do, if you know the teachings say 'no pre-marital sex' or whatever, then don't do it. Obviously because then you'd be disobeying whatever the teachings say.

If you don't really believe in the religion, if you are just hindu by default (because you're parents are) and you don't really care about it, then fine. Be safe, be responsible, but when you're ready, go for it.

What I'm saying is, you said that you're Hindu at the beginning of your post, yet you're asking if you can do something that is forbidden in Hindu teachings. Decide whether you are actually going to take the Hindu teachings seriously or not! I hope that makes sense...

Ive looked into hinduism and most of the teachings (even though I was brought up a hindu and have always been a practising hindu). Pre-maritial sex is looked down upon but enegaging in it does not neccessarily mean you are not a Hindu. This is not an excuse for my own behaviour- I genuinely spent literally hundreds of hours looking into it (still do occassionally). As opposed to alot of religions, there are very few rigid rules, which dictate your life, more so in the majority of cases, guiding principles. Hinduism epitimoses 'the way of life' in the phrase's purest sense, in my humble opinion.
Reply 45
Original post by meenu89
When I read these threads I begin to wonder if my Indian parents are relatively more laid back. I met my now husband at secondary school (he is not the same race or colour as me). My mum and dad said I should wait after Uni and if we still feel the same way about each than they would have no objections (unlike some other family members). We knew we were right for each other, and we didn't until we got married.

your sig is fantastic. boris is a legend
Reply 46
Original post by Ski_girl
Is English the same as British?..I was never aware of that. :L

English can be the same as British, but not always. British refers to the being born in the international state know as the United Kingdom of Great Britain (or UK/GB), a country which consists of the originally independent states of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (and once Ireland, but it has since gained independence) which are ruled by one government (the Conservative/Liberal coalition) and by one monarchy (Elizabeth II). If you are born in England you are both English and British, if you are born in Scotland you are both Scottish and British and if you are from Wales or Northern Ireland you are both Welsh/Northern Irish and British. Its fairly simple. My family are from Wales, but I was born and raised in England therefore I am English, although my bloodline is Welsh. Either way I am British. If you are still confused, go to the early learning center and buy a map.
:smile:
Reply 47
Original post by TruetoMyself
Ive looked into hinduism and most of the teachings (even though I was brought up a hindu and have always been a practising hindu). Pre-maritial sex is looked down upon but enegaging in it does not neccessarily mean you are not a Hindu. This is not an excuse for my own behaviour- I genuinely spent literally hundreds of hours looking into it (still do occassionally). As opposed to alot of religions, there are very few rigid rules, which dictate your life, more so in the majority of cases, guiding principles. Hinduism epitimoses 'the way of life' in the phrase's purest sense, in my humble opinion.

I don't claim to be hindu.

However, surely the teachings explain why pre-marital sex is wrong. If you've been taught why it's bad, and you agree then why would you do it.

If you aren't really a hindu, you can go ahead and do it.

You can't really take a middle ground and decide what rules to follow and what not to.
Reply 48
When he Comes Around!! See you got it miles better than me-that wouldnt and never would happen in my house. Regards to the first Gf (causasian), my dad stopped speaking to me for MONTHS when he found out. Imagine living in the same house, and somebody not speaking to you (unless it was having underhand rude, nasty comments thrown at you). Its shocking in hindsight how he behaved.

Haha, well yeah he does come around occasionally. I guess I do have it easy compared to some. Lol. That isn't fair of him, you should just ignore him, it's your life you should be able to do whatever you want.
Haha, well yeah he does come around occasionally. I guess I do have it easy compared to some. Lol. That isn't fair of him, you should just ignore him, it's your life you should be able to do whatever you want.

Yeah this WAS the case. Things have never been to good with my dad. But with the following two GF's, I made sure nobody knew about it (though obviously would have told if things got really, really serious) . My dad has issues for sure, which he just needs to face up to. Yeah things are not too good with dad (irrespective of his views here).

Yeah do agree wih you that do what you want. Advice: Your young...dont let silly, narrow minded views put you off anyone you want to be with. :smile:
Reply 51
Haha, well I was never aware.

Big tip though- just don't make it obvious to people and be discreet.
Reply 52
Original post by Pride
wait.

Lol, yeah that makes sense..
I said i'm a Hindu coz my parents are.. but I'm not really. Hindu's can't drink but I do occasionally, but my parents do too, and they say they're 'Hindu'. A load of rubbish if you ask me. I just go with it to make my family happy, but tbh I don't give a damn about religion and stuff. Just not my thing.
Reply 53
Original post by Bellissima
it depends on the person, all my friends of different ethnicities that were born and raised here think of themselves as english....

i think you would have more in common with an english person than an actual indian person, just my opinion ofc.

I definitely would, but I can't make myself English can I?
Reply 54
Original post by Nutta!
Big tip though- just don't make it obvious to people and be discreet.

Yes, I think that would be wise. :L
Reply 55
Yeah do agree wih you that do what you want. Advice: Your young...dont let silly, narrow minded views put you off anyone you want to be with. :smile:

But OP be careful, some guys stick around just so that they can get the sex off you later on. Just make sure you feel confident, he's not gonna run away after. Some of my friends ex b'fs did this to them. But if you really are certain (cos he has been with you for 2 whole years!) then go for it! Nothing bad in it, and you said yourself your not religious, so it shoudn't make any difference. And 18, is a responsible age too :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 56

I won't! I've been with my bf for too long, to give up now. :smile: Thanks for all the advice btw :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Ski_girl
But OP be careful, some guys stick around just so that they can get the sex off you later on. Just make sure you feel confident, he's not gonna run away after. Some of my friends ex b'fs did this to them. But if you really are certain (cos he has been with you for 2 whole years!) then go for it! Nothing bad in it, and you said yourself your not religious, so it shoudn't make any difference. And 18, is a responsible age too :smile:

Then surely people should not be having sex for that reason?

You should have sex because you want to experience it- not because he's going to 'cop off'.
I won't! I've been with my bf for too long, to give up now. :smile: Thanks for all the advice btw :smile:

Not a problem luv...passing on my life experience, without hopefully being patronising and have been there . Even if doesnt work out....'I told you it wouldnt, because of the race difference'....is BS. Dont be scared of that. When it didnt work out with the first GF....my dad was on it with these daft views. Cultural differences had nothing to with it. But it did affect me for a while....but dont let the same happen to you, IF it doesnt work out (hopefully it does :smile:)

One thing I do disagree with-sort of neglect of religion. Hinduism has so many valuable teachings......not that most of the old school know about these. Probably created some adversity towards religion, because with all due respect most people aint got a clue what the religion is all about (mainly old school/ older generation). They put their own spin on the teachings. Anyway not here to preach, but im sure you will in the future get some benefit/solace out of the religion :smile:
Reply 59
Not a problem luv...passing on my life experience, without hopefully being patronising and have been there . Even if doesnt work out....'I told you it wouldnt, because of the race difference'....is BS. Dont be scared of that. When it didnt work out with the first GF....my dad was on it with these daft views. Cultural differences had nothing to with it. But it did affect me for a while....but dont let the same happen to you, IF it doesnt work out (hopefully it does :smile:)

One thing I do disagree with-sort of neglect of religion. Hinduism has so many valuable teachings......not that most of the old school know about these. Probably created some adversity towards religion, because with all due respect most people aint got a clue what the religion is all about (mainly old school/ older generation). They put their own spin on the teachings. Anyway not here to preach, but im sure you will in the future get some benefit/solace out of the religion :smile:

Ah, well I'm only a Hindu by name, I've never actually learnt anything about it. The only Hindu festival we celebrate is Diwali and that's only cos of my grand parents. Otherwise we celebrate Christmas, Easter etc. since I was born, so there's got going to be any change now. :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending