The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by mookiko
i think the invitations to final interview will be sent out after/around when the oxbridge offers come out, ie. they'll only invite you if you get an offer

I think they have to send out invitations before the offers actually come out because the interview date (early Jan) is before the offer day.
Any idea when will be the exact date? I remember that on the letter they ask me tosign, they said that they will inform us in mid-December. I presume that mid-December should be between 10-20 December?
Reply 182
so it's now 20 December, anyone got invitation to final interview?
I checked with the Singapore branch as I applied there and I was told that they have yet to receive any news from the Hong Kong headquarter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emailed the Singapore branch and just got a reply that I was not shortlisted for the second Singapore interview :frown: so for those who attended the first interview in Singapore and have not heard since, it probably means u weren't shortlisted as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear that. Any news for HK based applicants?
Reply 186
Original post by crazy_mike
Sorry to hear that. Any news for HK based applicants?

still no news for me.....

I presume they have already sent out invitations...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ivan15
still no news for me.....

I presume they have already sent out invitations...

:smile:
Reply 188
Original post by DCMed96
:smile:

DCMED96 where are you from? Have you heard from them?
Original post by ivan15
DCMED96 where are you from? Have you heard from them?

From malaysia and no...
Reply 190
It has been the 24th now and heard nothing from them yet. I think they should finish sending invitation already. :-(
How many candidates will be selected to attend the final interview normally? And how many of them will actually succeed?
From what I saw, the trend is 12, and sometimes, all succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliodas
From what I saw, the trend is 12, and sometimes, all succeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see. Thx.
So, anyone received the invitation?
Last from sg branch said no news from hk office yet. I guess they are also waiting for oxbridge to make their decision...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last from sg branch said no news from hk office yet. I guess they are also waiting for oxbridge to make their decision...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So those invited to the final will definitely get offers from Oxbridge?
Most of the time, in rare cases, they don't get oxbridge due to last minute changes in decision made by oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Lol I received an email frrom jardine malaysia last week telling me my application was uunsuccessful. But I kinda knew I didnt have a shot at it as I made an open application which got sent to clare college, cambridge.
Most of the time, in rare cases, they don't get oxbridge due to last minute changes in decision made by oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, lovely.

Is the final interview academic? I mean like the Oxbridge interview or more general?
Reply 199
Original post by Annie Li
Oh, lovely.

Is the final interview academic? I mean like the Oxbridge interview or more general?

Sorry but could you let me know whether you already received an invitation to the final interview?

Quick Reply

Latest