The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Here's a warm up:

1. Why do you need this scholarship?
2. Do you think you deserve this scholarship?
3. Introduce yourself.
Original post by darkfang77
Here's a warm up:

1. Why do you need this scholarship?
2. Do you think you deserve this scholarship?
3. Introduce yourself.

4. What makes you different from other applicants?
Original post by desy.kris
4. What makes you different from other applicants?

5. Given that Jardines would be interested in employing you in the future, what useful skills do you think you can bring to us?

Or otherwise, what skills can you bring to society?
5. Given that Jardines would be interested in employing you in the future, what useful skills do you think you can bring to us?

Or otherwise, what skills can you bring to society?

6. About your family: How are they supporting you? What do they do/sacrifice for you to study at Oxbridge?

7. Why do you want to study at Oxbridge?

8. Will you feel homesick / will you be able to live on your own?

9. What do you think about your Oxbridge interview (if already done)?

10. Do you think you are a good candidate?

11. What if you don't get this scholarship?

12. How many percent are you sure you'll get this scholarship?

(just throwing random questions that they might ask. if anyone else has any idea please do post!)
6. About your family: How are they supporting you? What do they do/sacrifice for you to study at Oxbridge?

7. Why do you want to study at Oxbridge?

8. Will you feel homesick / will you be able to live on your own?

9. What do you think about your Oxbridge interview (if already done)?

10. Do you think you are a good candidate?

11. What if you don't get this scholarship?

12. How many percent are you sure you'll get this scholarship?

(just throwing random questions that they might ask. if anyone else has any idea please do post!)

Thing is... If I don't get the scholarship the gov. will give me a long term loan that I can pay over the next 30 years. So I don't know what to say lol...

How are you answering some of these lol?
Thing is... If I don't get the scholarship the gov. will give me a long term loan that I can pay over the next 30 years. So I don't know what to say lol...

How are you answering some of these lol?

damn you're so lucky D: where are you from?

lolz that's a secret :wink: you'll copy my answers
damn you're so lucky D: where are you from?

lolz that's a secret :wink: you'll copy my answers

Oh are we having that game then? :O

UK, but I'll make it work xD.
Oh are we having that game then? :O

UK, but I'll make it work xD.

haha jk but still, I'm not telling anyone :tongue: aha you're so lucky! I wish I lived in the UK!!
haha jk but still, I'm not telling anyone :tongue: aha you're so lucky! I wish I lived in the UK!!

Hmm *tries emotion* ^-).... There are up and down sides I guess.

EDIT: Emoticon didn't work nvm.

Btw, just saw university of Southhampton's TSR ad....

"one of the reasons to go to Southhampton....

To get your ass kicked."
Hmm *tries emotion* ^-).... There are up and down sides I guess.

EDIT: Emoticon didn't work nvm.

Btw, just saw university of Southhampton's TSR ad....

"one of the reasons to go to Southhampton....

To get your ass kicked."

lolz did you say that because I have an offer from Soton? I'm not gonna go there :P

what's that smiley supposed to be?

anyway, has anyone else gotten a response from Jardine? the Indonesian secretary just asked for my consent to access my application stuff with my Oxford college.
Original post by cgirl
I received an invitation for an interview from Jardine on 22/11. My interview will be on 30/11. And I am applying to Cambridge - Downing College. Have you heard anything new since then?

hi hi! do you mind letting us know how your interview went? I hope you did great!! x
Reply 31
Hi,
Are you guys referring to the 2nd round of Jardine or the first round?
Original post by dbc
Hi,
Are you guys referring to the 2nd round of Jardine or the first round?

first round, still.. why? have you done your first interview?
lolz did you say that because I have an offer from Soton? I'm not gonna go there :P

what's that smiley supposed to be?

anyway, has anyone else gotten a response from Jardine? the Indonesian secretary just asked for my consent to access my application stuff with my Oxford college.

Got my interview tomorrow morn'.
It's meant to be a smiley but with a furrowed brow.

And no, I just noticed it, and I felt that Soton must be really desperate if they post a pic of a TKD MA and link it to their little university.

Either way, I'm not going somewhere that's THAT desperate.
first round, still.. why? have you done your first interview?

I think there are final interviews held in H.K if i'm not mistaken.
hi hi! do you mind letting us know how your interview went? I hope you did great!! x

oh forgot to mention, how quickly will I be booted from their interview room wearing jeans, and casual clothing?
Got my interview tomorrow morn'.
It's meant to be a smiley but with a furrowed brow.

And no, I just noticed it, and I felt that Soton must be really desperate if they post a pic of a TKD MA and link it to their little university.

Either way, I'm not going somewhere that's THAT desperate.

GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!!!!! :O and then let us know how it goes :tongue:

lolz tbh I kinda regret applying to Soton.

I think there are final interviews held in H.K if i'm not mistaken.

yes, that's right. but have they actually started calling people for this interview? :s-smilie: don't think so...

oh forgot to mention, how quickly will I be booted from their interview room wearing jeans, and casual clothing?

why did you quote me lol I'm not sure, I plan to wear jeans too though.
GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!!!!! :O and then let us know how it goes :tongue:

lolz tbh I kinda regret applying to Soton.

yes, that's right. but have they actually started calling people for this interview? :s-smilie: don't think so...

why did you quote me lol I'm not sure, I plan to wear jeans too though.

Pahhh, crappy interview imo.
Came in, pretty cool, nothing unusual. then the interview started.

only 15 mins or less, nothing they asked that they couldn't have found out from application form, instead of trying to find academic potential, etc. They SEEMED to be more interested in asking surface questions like, you know, how many sports do you do? How long?

I stammered a bit in the interview, and I KIND of felt that counted against me, I got cut off when I came to a grinding halt over my answers, then she changed the subject instead of giving me a chance to recover or prompt me, so I felt it was more of a formal procedure that she was forced to do than an actual interview to test me.

So in the end, she basically said that 15 places this year, they have had well over 200 applicants. I doubt they will pay for a piece of crap like me to go to the finals so BAHHH.... good luck. Maybe interviewers in Indo are nicer or something.
Pahhh, crappy interview imo.
Came in, pretty cool, nothing unusual. then the interview started.

only 15 mins or less, nothing they asked that they couldn't have found out from application form, instead of trying to find academic potential, etc. They SEEMED to be more interested in asking surface questions like, you know, how many sports do you do? How long?

I stammered a bit in the interview, and I KIND of felt that counted against me, I got cut off when I came to a grinding halt over my answers, then she changed the subject instead of giving me a chance to recover or prompt me, so I felt it was more of a formal procedure that she was forced to do than an actual interview to test me.

So in the end, she basically said that 15 places this year, they have had well over 200 applicants. I doubt they will pay for a piece of crap like me to go to the finals so BAHHH.... good luck. Maybe interviewers in Indo are nicer or something.

did the interviewer dress very formally, or more casually (like the tutors in Oxbridge)?

that's really surprising... and weird! I've had a scholarship interview before and the questions were like the 12 questions we listed above. did they ask any of those 12 up there? do you still remember the name of the interviewer btw? I get a feeling it's the same person interviewing everyone, because it says that I have to come to their company in Indo to have a skype interview with the HK office.

I hope they're still interested in you!! thanks for the well wishing, I'll let you know how it goes next week after I have my interview!
did the interviewer dress very formally, or more casually (like the tutors in Oxbridge)?

that's really surprising... and weird! I've had a scholarship interview before and the questions were like the 12 questions we listed above. did they ask any of those 12 up there? do you still remember the name of the interviewer btw? I get a feeling it's the same person interviewing everyone, because it says that I have to come to their company in Indo to have a skype interview with the HK office.

I hope they're still interested in you!! thanks for the well wishing, I'll let you know how it goes next week after I have my interview!

One of the questions you mentioned were asked (and it was at the end, which suggested that it was just something to end on a note with), the interview was far far too short for any of the rest. I was REALLY confused by what they wanted to know, usually when you have a scholarship interview, the interview takes a general direction as to what they want from you. Tbh, they didn't even ask me why I needed a scholarship, I definitely thought it was unfair when they didn't even try to perhaps favour the applicants from a poorer background who would be unable to afford to go to Oxbridge without the scholarship.

And from their website, for their finals, you MUST attend the HK interview in person or you get nothing.

Interviewer formally dressed, unlike me, but I didn't think it mattered since they did not specify dress code in their invite.

Btw, my interviewer said that all interviewers would be finished by this week so I think she was mistaken since yours is next week :smile:

The probability of me getting into Oxford is higher than me getting the scholarship so I'm not holding any hope out.

hf & gl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending