The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by auhsoj
Same here! But interviews are early-mid November right? I think they’ll send out invites after the pre-interview assessments on the 31st. Applications to Oxford and Cambridge are a tad different, I’ve already been interviewed by Cambridge. As for Oxford, there’s no option to interview earlier (for internationals) and shortlisting is based on your LNAT.

I've heard that invites for the first interview typically come out around end October from a friend who received the scholarship! so fingers crossed, oh wow hope the interview with Cambridge went well! Waiting on my Oxford interview invite too
Reply 381
Original post by cortana115
I've heard that invites for the first interview typically come out around end October from a friend who received the scholarship! so fingers crossed, oh wow hope the interview with Cambridge went well! Waiting on my Oxford interview invite too

Couldn’t really tell whether it was good or bad :’) let me know if you hear anything from them! Best not to worry too much, the tests next week are probably the most important component of the selection criteria for a place in Oxbridge!
Original post by auhsoj
Couldn’t really tell whether it was good or bad :’) let me know if you hear anything from them! Best not to worry too much, the tests next week are probably the most important component of the selection criteria for a place in Oxbridge!

Just got an interview invite today! Sure you got one too, or yours is on the way given your grades :smile:
Reply 383
Just got an interview invite today! Sure you got one too, or yours is on the way given your grades :smile:

Congrats! When did they schedule you for? Hopefully I do, I’m still waiting for mine.
Reply 384
Or you know maybe they already found out my Cambridge interview score and decided not to :’)
Original post by auhsoj
Congrats! When did they schedule you for? Hopefully I do, I’m still waiting for mine.

Hey! Its an online interview to be completed by 3rd November. I think it's just a preliminary screening so you should also get your invite! Maybe this is just the first wave, dont worry about it :smile: they didnt reject you or anything, and also I havent had my oxford interview while youve done your cambridge one so probably different batches
Reply 386
Hey! Its an online interview to be completed by 3rd November. I think it's just a preliminary screening so you should also get your invite! Maybe this is just the first wave, dont worry about it :smile: they didnt reject you or anything, and also I havent had my oxford interview while youve done your cambridge one so probably different batches

Oh there’s a video screening? From the forum conversations of past years the first round was always face to face. I feel that video screenings a little awkward, it’s kind of like vlogging but formally.

Hi congratulations! I also got the video one. Wondering if the video interview is less formal or it’s just the volume of applications this year. Where are you from though?
Original post by dzhenqin
Hi congratulations! I also got the video one. Wondering if the video interview is less formal or it’s just the volume of applications this year. Where are you from though?

From Singapore! yeah, the video interview is kinda weird tbh, I expected it to be face to face! Have you gone for the video interview yet, think mine went decent :smile: If you've done your interview we can compare answers HAHAH
Hi I am also an applicant from Singapore but I haven't received any invitation yet... Do you mind sharing some of the interview questions or the general type of questions they will be asking though? getting a bit desperate here :'(

From Singapore! yeah, the video interview is kinda weird tbh, I expected it to be face to face! Have you gone for the video interview yet, think mine went decent :smile: If you've done your interview we can compare answers HAHAH
Reply 390
Original post by macrohard121
Hi I am also an applicant from Singapore but I haven't received any invitation yet... Do you mind sharing some of the interview questions or the general type of questions they will be asking though? getting a bit desperate here :'(

Did you apply to Oxford or Cambridge? I applied to Cambridge and haven’t received a screening interview from Jardine too
Original post by auhsoj
Did you apply to Oxford or Cambridge? I applied to Cambridge and haven’t received a screening interview from Jardine too

I applied to Oxford and sent my scholarhip application on the 16th
Reply 392
Original post by macrohard121
I applied to Oxford and sent my scholarhip application on the 16th

I think we’ll just have to wait patiently :smile:. As long as a rejection mail hasn’t been sent and it isn’t past early-mid November, there’s still a chance.
Original post by auhsoj
I think we’ll just have to wait patiently :smile:. As long as a rejection mail hasn’t been sent and it isn’t past early-mid November, there’s still a chance.

Hope so:frown:
After the video interview the wait begins... Wonder if there's a second interview for us Singaporeans or whether its directly selection for the interview in HK
Reply 395
After the video interview the wait begins... Wonder if there's a second interview for us Singaporeans or whether its directly selection for the interview in HK

I think from reading the forums there’s supposed to be a total of 3 interviews? With the third being the final round in HK. Have yet to hear anything from them though :’) hopefully I’m not opted out without an interview.
Original post by auhsoj
I think from reading the forums there’s supposed to be a total of 3 interviews? With the third being the final round in HK. Have yet to hear anything from them though :’) hopefully I’m not opted out without an interview.

Yeahh last year didnt have a video interview though.. Maybe yours isnt video interview because you already had your interview with cambridge whereas for me I havent been called up by Oxford yet? haha but yup best of luck!
Reply 397
Yeahh last year didnt have a video interview though.. Maybe yours isnt video interview because you already had your interview with cambridge whereas for me I havent been called up by Oxford yet? haha but yup best of luck!

Are you considering any other scholarships besides Jardine? Though I think if you intend to practise law you’d probably be more in favour in not tying yourself down for a bond.
Original post by auhsoj
Are you considering any other scholarships besides Jardine? Though I think if you intend to practise law you’d probably be more in favour in not tying yourself down for a bond.

Yeah, just giving myself a shot at Jardine, because I'm already on a non bonded Law and Liberal arts scholarship here at Yale-NUS college. If I don't get Oxford or Jardine I may well just stay here to be honest
Reply 399
Yeah, just giving myself a shot at Jardine, because I'm already on a non bonded Law and Liberal arts scholarship here at Yale-NUS college. If I don't get Oxford or Jardine I may well just stay here to be honest

Same here, already got a scholarship from NTU. So if I don’t get into Cambridge or another non-bonded scholarship I’m seriously considering staying here (I don’t think I’m suited for public service but quite conflicted). I think the real pull for me is the diversity and intellectual discussion the college system in Oxbridge brings.

Quick Reply