The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Jardine Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnowyAutumn
Yep I'm a SG applicant! :') Sorry I meant to ask if in the second interview invitation it is specified that the people who get it are "shortlisted", if so then logically speaking those who didn't get it can consider ourselves out of the game

Unfortunately that’s how I see it as well, but there might be cases where SG applicants get invited straight to the final interview (I’m honestly not sure, since I do not know any Jardine applicants personally).

However, I don’t think that getting “rejected” from the second interview has anything to do with your Cambridge application - from what I’ve gathered, the only piece of information you can gather from Jardines is that you have to be accepted by Oxbridge in order to get the final Jardines interview!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Average John
Just out of curiosity, how long did the second interview last for you? Also, the second interviews this year are no longer in-person due to COVID measures!

ah forgot about that i think it lasted 20-30 mins not sure tho it was the HR head or smth she was a nice elderly lady! did you for the second interview? what course have you applied for?
Original post by SnowyAutumn
Omg thanks for sharing! I had my Cambridge interview in late October this year. So I am not sure what to make of the fact that Jardine didn’t call me for a second interview (is it I didn’t get into Cambridge? LOL but the overseas interviews have just started in other countries, how can they make decision on SG candidates so early...)

Do you know people who did not get the second interview but made it to the final one? Is it possible?

hmm I think Jardine may not have shortlisted you for the second interview and thereafter...Cambridge hasn't made their decision yet. I think all Singapore applicants have to go through the second interview to get to the third.
Original post by Anonymous
ah forgot about that i think it lasted 20-30 mins not sure tho it was the HR head or smth she was a nice elderly lady! did you for the second interview? what course have you applied for?

I think its the same lady interviewing me haha but I can’t say for sure.. I did get invited to the second interview even though I was reallocated to Manchester for PPE (applied to Trinity)
Original post by Average John
Unfortunately that’s how I see it as well, but there might be cases where SG applicants get invited straight to the final interview (I’m honestly not sure, since I do not know any Jardine applicants personally).

However, I don’t think that getting “rejected” from the second interview has anything to do with your Cambridge application - from what I’ve gathered, the only piece of information you can gather from Jardines is that you have to be accepted by Oxbridge in order to get the final Jardines interview!

I see. Thank you!
Has anyone received an invitation for the final interview yet?
Hi everyone, I am one of the Jardine Scholars, currently studying in Cambridge. I still remember the anxiety when nobody can give me satisfactory answers, and what I can do is just waiting. So, here I am to help you answer some of the questions above:Yes, some finalists didn't get called for the second interview and made it to the final. This is the situation when it is a joint scholarship with the university where Jardine will only responsible for annual stipend and the uni costs are covered by the university itself. You will get an email about 2 weeks to 1 month before the actual date for the final interview. If I'm not mistaken, there were 5 panels with multiple backgrounds. The questions came from your submitted essays during the application. Honestly, you can expect all the questions. So from the time you know you are the finalist, keep practicing. You can ask anything here and I will try to help as much as possible. All the best to all candidates.
Original post by Paedsphysio
Hi everyone, I am one of the Jardine Scholars, currently studying in Cambridge. I still remember the anxiety when nobody can give me satisfactory answers, and what I can do is just waiting. So, here I am to help you answer some of the questions above:Yes, some finalists didn't get called for the second interview and made it to the final. This is the situation when it is a joint scholarship with the university where Jardine will only responsible for annual stipend and the uni costs are covered by the university itself. You will get an email about 2 weeks to 1 month before the actual date for the final interview. If I'm not mistaken, there were 5 panels with multiple backgrounds. The questions came from your submitted essays during the application. Honestly, you can expect all the questions. So from the time you know you are the finalist, keep practicing. You can ask anything here and I will try to help as much as possible. All the best to all candidates.

Many thanks for your information! So will you be notified if you're not selected to the final interview?
Many thanks for your information! So will you be notified if you're not selected to the final interview?

My pleasure.
I'm not very sure about that. It was an online interview, so I didn't have any information about other candidates.
But you can expect to receive the results within 1-2 weeks after the interview if you are selected, and the process is pretty simple after that.

Thanks for the info! May I ask when you had the final interview?
Thanks for the info! May I ask when you had the final interview?

Hi. My interview was end of April 2020, got the result early may 2020 and I started my course on Oct 2020 for Michaelmas term.
Hi. My interview was end of April 2020, got the result early may 2020 and I started my course on Oct 2020 for Michaelmas term.

You had the final interview for the Jardine Scholarship on April? I thought the final Jardine interviews would be in January or in February, I hope we're talking about the same thing here... 😅

Just to make things clear, may I also ask which country you applied from and whether you applied for the Jardine Scholarship for an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate one?
You had the final interview for the Jardine Scholarship on April? I thought the final Jardine interviews would be in January or in February, I hope we're talking about the same thing here... 😅

Just to make things clear, may I also ask which country you applied from and whether you applied for the Jardine Scholarship for an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate one?

Yeah, actually Jardine opens their scholarship more than once in a year (just like three terms in the UK universities academic year) and the application time may differ between undergraduate and postgraduate. But the process is similar.

I got a Jardine scholarship for my Ph.D.

undergrad interviews are in the first week of January usually and before cambridge releases its decision
has anyone received final interview invitation? quite anxious here...
Reply 695
Yeah, actually Jardine opens their scholarship more than once in a year (just like three terms in the UK universities academic year) and the application time may differ between undergraduate and postgraduate. But the process is similar.

I got a Jardine scholarship for my Ph.D.

Hello there, I'm doing final interview for postgrad this Friday. Could you give me some tips for the interview? What are the questions that might pop up? I've already got the offer from my department and straightly got invited for the final interview? Thank you very much!
Hello, I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but I have just received my Jardine final interview invitation yesterday via email (undergraduate). Does this indicate an Oxbridge offer? Has anyone in the past been invited to a final interview but get rejected from Oxbridge? I'd stopped thinking about Oxford after the interviews but this email is making me anxious again lol.
Original post by sugarandspinoza
Hello, I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but I have just received my Jardine final interview invitation yesterday via email (undergraduate). Does this indicate an Oxbridge offer? Has anyone in the past been invited to a final interview but get rejected from Oxbridge? I'd stopped thinking about Oxford after the interviews but this email is making me anxious again lol.

I've just received notice that I've been awarded the Jardine Scholarship! I'm curious to know too.
Over the moon but I don't want to celebrate too early in case I get rejected by Oxbridge haha...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sleep.dealer
I've just received notice that I've been awarded the Jardine Scholarship! I'm curious to know too.
Over the moon but I don't want to celebrate too early in case I get rejected by Oxbridge haha...

Hey I've been awarded too! What country r u from? Ive also gotten an offer from Ox!!
Original post by sugarandspinoza
Hey I've been awarded too! What country r u from? Ive also gotten an offer from Ox!!

I'm from Singapore! Congrats on your offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending