Turn on thread page Beta

Download '06 - Prodigy, Trivium, and Bullet For My Valentine watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damdam)
    Actually I managed to gather together another few emo-haters, and we joined forces to obstruct the kiddy's veiw of Valo.
    Well done! :rolleyes: That's just unfair, i don't like HIM personally - but to people who really did want to see HIM and waited all that time to get where they were standing it wasn't exactly fair of you to purposely make a nuisance of yourself just because they don't agree with your taste. That's just really lame and childish.

ReputationRep:
    What can I say, it was hilarious. Theres no denying it was evil, but I don't see how that's my problem...

What have 'emo haters' got to to do with HIM? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really tempted to go but I want to save as much cash as possible before university And now cool bands like Tool and Stone Sour and Deftones and Metallica and Soulfly have been confirmed

I'll just see how it goes, it would be an awesome experience to go though =/

Does anyone know if the BBC or Channel 4 do coverage of Download? I say those two because they're usually the ones doing the festival stuff. I can't go but it'd be cool to see what Deftones and Tool did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    Does anyone know if the BBC or Channel 4 do coverage of Download? I say those two because they're usually the ones doing the festival stuff. I can't go but it'd be cool to see what Deftones and Tool did.
    channel 4 had the highlights of last years show (I have it recorded). They did the year befores as well I think as I watched the highlights of metallica (with Joey) on channel 4

Ahhh, perfect. Is it usually in the middle of the night?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, perfect. Is it usually in the middle of the night?
    last year i Think it was 12- half 12ish am, they played highlights of a system of a down gig before one of the download highlight shows, but only had 5 songs

Hehehe, what a disappointment.

Channel 4 has been really good in the middle of the night recently. Ooh, last year I was in the IOW Festival highlights a few times.

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe, what a disappointment.

Channel 4 has been really good in the middle of the night recently. Ooh, last year I was in the IOW Festival highlights a few times.
    you are the local celebrity of TSR. You should be proud of yourself

ReputationRep:
    any idea why the last announcements that were up got taken down the next day? and when's the next damn announcement, I'm still waiting for some thrash.

Hmmm, perhaps the acts hadn't actually properly confirmed that they'd be playing. OR they didn't want to be announced until other gigs had sold out.

And yeah, bengal_tiger, I am proud of myself. :cool: Hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why they were taken down, God Forbid one of the bands who were announced have self confirmed anyway at the trivium gig at the Birmingham academy

ReputationRep:
    another round of announcements have taken place, the event is really starting to take shape,

any opinions on Alice in chains ? i havnt heard anything by them

ReputationRep:
    Download festival is turd.
    There's no real metal there, it's all emo and mallcore.
    Alice in Chains are grungy metal for the abouve enquirer.

I can't stand Alice In Chains but I liked Jerry Cantrell on his own. Innit.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer him on his own also.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with you two? AIC are an awesome band! I'm glad they're active again.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to revive this thread and mention that the bill is shaping up really well...

Billy Talent, Hundred Reasons and Reuben (+ a few more) have just been confirmed and join the likes of Sikth, Coheed, From First to Last, FuneralFAF, 36 Crazyfists, Secret Machines (??) and Alexisonfire who have been added in recent weeks. Its going to be good!

ReputationRep:
    All those bands you just mentioned are terrible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.