The Student Room Group

Physics or Business/Management/Finance?

I'm currently studying Physics, Maths and Further Maths at college, need to get my UCAS in ASAP and I keep putting it off. Stuck between physics and business? I have a solid A in maths and looking to get an A/B in Further maths and a B in Physics if all goes well. I also did an A level in economics early (Year 11) and got a C at AS and a D overall, not great but I'm hoping to get offers on Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Would love to go into something like insurance, intelligence, fraud prevention and I know business would be the obvious choice, but all the job applications and graduate opportunities want a degree in 'any discipline' would employers prefer business over a more broad subject such as physics? I really enjoy physics and wouldn't mind studying it for 3 years, but I think it could be a lot more effort for no reason considering what I *currently* want to do in the future.

Want to get my UCAS in ASAP, written the generic parts of of PS and have some ideas either way, but once decided on a course I want to get in pretty soon so I don't miss out.

What do people think?
Alex
I'd go with Physics cos you can go into any of those things then, whereas Business on its own sort of sets you on that one path. You might change your mind about careers over the years too. I did Physics and currently am doing analytical work but looking to transfer to the finance industry.
Business & finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending