Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its been nearly 3 weeks or so since I was told by my tutor that she had handed in my UCAS Application.

Fast forward to now and Ive yet to receive a reply or have a welcome letter. My friend has received one and I checked my UCAS App and there's nothing to say there that it has been sent in.

I gave my PS to my tutor to mark, after a weeks break, I returned and she said she had sent off my application which was fine as I was happy and filled everything in.

Im not sure on the next step....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Talk to your teacher, to check she's set if off. Your Apply should say something along the lines of "it will take 24 hours to process". If so, phone UCAS to see what's happening as your letter might've got lost. But the 24 hours thing is optimistic, as it will take longer.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly three weeks ago? Did you make it in before the deadline.

If not, it'll probably take longer as you won't have priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pentatonic)
    Nearly three weeks ago? Did you make it in before the deadline.

If not, it'll probably take longer as you won't have priority.
    If my memorys right, the due in date was just before the week commencing the 9th of January and Im sure she told she had handed it in.

Also, I gave her my statement to read over and mark, however whenever I goto my UCAS Section, there's nothing in my Personal Statement section
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You have to enter your own personal statement, and then submit it to your referee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Talk to your teacher, to check she's set if off. Your Apply should say something along the lines of "it will take 24 hours to process". If so, phone UCAS to see what's happening as your letter might've got lost. But the 24 hours thing is optimistic, as it will take longer.
    Well mines said 24 hours for five days now... When is too long too long??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    If my memorys right, the due in date was just before the week commencing the 9th of January and Im sure she told she had handed it in.

Also, I gave her my statement to read over and mark, however whenever I goto my UCAS Section, there's nothing in my Personal Statement section

I have a feeling that your application didn't get sent because if it's sent then you could only preview your application through "view all" and not through the repective sections. Better check with your tutor! :eek:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    A few weeks!

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application just before the deadline and I got my welcome letter this Monday. Your letter should have already arrived, or at least the application should already be processed if it has been sent. I have a feeling it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    i sent my application on the last day ie 15 jan. i have got my welcome letter.whydont you call ucas and enquire.

ReputationRep:
    If it has the "24 hours" message on Apply then it got in on time, don't worry. I had the same hassle hitting the Oct 15th deadline and was waiting ages for the letter, so long as it says it has been submitted you're ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    3 weeks breaks the camel's back for me.

ReputationRep:
    ATM, I have yet to receive any confirmation of my UCAS Application and my tutor hasnt been in ATM.

But there was another guy in my class, who says he has yet to send off his UCAS.

If you didnt send it in by the deadline (That possibly being me/classmate), how would it harm your chances?

ReputationRep:
    If you miss the deadline, the unis can completely ignore your application. Some of them will still look at it, but they don't have to. They'll also know it was late, which suggests you don't really care about uni and are unorganised.

If it wasn't your fault that you applied late, you should ask your tutor or whoever was responsible to email the universities individually, I would think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercat)
    If it wasn't your fault that you applied late, you should ask your tutor or whoever was responsible to email the universities individually, I would think.
    On paper that looks like a good idea, but in reality it doesn't really alter anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrunchinJelly)
    On paper that looks like a good idea, but in reality it doesn't really alter anything.
    Why u say that????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Call UCAS right away!!! Do it today!!! Even if you have to sit on the phone, DON"T TRUST those people who have said they have done this and that on your behalf. Have your personal ID and your story ready for whoever eventually answers. I submitted my form online on Jan 3, then watched while it sat there for 6 days, no action. I called UCAS, an international call for me, got through after a while, and there was some little electronic glitch holding up the processing. The UCAS person sorted it out that day, and the application was processed on 9 Jan. If I hadn't called, I would have missed the deadline. For goodness sake call them up. If you subsequently find that someone hasn't done his/her job on your behalf, and you have missed the deadline because of this, don't take this lying down, complain. Seriously. It's possible you can complain to the Universities, if you can prove this happened to you. Whether they'll be receptive, I can't say. Good Luck. CALL UCAS TODAY.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You're confused. The deadline is for submitting to UCAS. So you couldn't've missed it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope...needs to be processed by UCAS by the deadline, Jan 15.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nop, needs to be sent to UCAS by the deadline.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.