Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since its our last year together as a group me and mates want to go on holiday together for a couple of weeks, we were thinking a villa holiday but we don't know where to go and how to go about getting the best price.

Anyone know anywhere relatively cheap, near the beach etc I think we are looking to spend £450 each including flights

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty decent budget, I think it's definitely managable. If you are looking for a villa holiday, Portugal is ideal for them. Places like southern Spain, and Greece are good too. If you want to look at a different culture, I'd go Greek. It has some amazing history and landmarks etc. If you are looking for a good beach holiday, nothing beats Spain, it's a classic. If you want to chill out, have some great food, and great beaches too, then it's back to Portugal.

ReputationRep:
    Greek villas are a bit more expensive than the likes of Spain, Portugal and the Canaries/Balerics. James Villas have some really nice villas. The thing with some villas is that they are in the middle of no where. On james, you can select an optional car. The site includes villa and flights, and it will sort out the transfer too.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, the middle of nowhere doesnt sound very appealing, we were sorta hoping that we could stay somewhere close to decent nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    You totally can, I'd suggest Southern Spain for that then.

ReputationRep:
    oh cool, I'll have a look on the web for villas around that area

ReputationRep:
    James do some in Cala en Porter (Menorca), Costa Blanca (Spain), Puerto del Carmen (Lanzarote).. some great nightlife at those places.

ReputationRep:
    yeah definately look at spain - me and my friends rented a villa for the week just outside of marbella and it was absolutely gorgeous!3 floors, 2 terraces, private pool etc...but the good thing was cos we were sharing amongst 8 of us, it only worked out at like £150 each and thers also loads of cheap flights to malaga, plus it was only a 100m walk to the nearest bus stop!

ReputationRep:
    the thing that worries me is that basically all of these villas on james say that a car is essential

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redstarblueska)
    yeah definately look at spain - me and my friends rented a villa for the week just outside of marbella and it was absolutely gorgeous!3 floors, 2 terraces, private pool etc...but the good thing was cos we were sharing amongst 8 of us, it only worked out at like £150 each and thers also loads of cheap flights to malaga, plus it was only a 100m walk to the nearest bus stop!

Can you remember where you found out about the villa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharene)
    the thing that worries me is that basically all of these villas on james say that a car is essential
    When you run a search, go to the bottom of the page and click on advanced search (or something similar). Then there are other options, i think you have to click more. But there is car requirements options, which you can click on and select optional. It also allows you to select other options. Remember to make the car option "essential". =)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.