The Student Room Group

The 'I have got on to a PGCE Course 2012-2013' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello all,

I have just accepted a PGCE place at Leeds Met. However, can I still apply for a GTP through the TDA? Money is a big issue and I need to keep my options open if I can!

Thanks
Reply 181
is it really competitive with PGCE places for 2012/2013? i'm away traveling at the moment and won't be back until May, do you reckon this would be too late to apply?
(edited 12 years ago)
Technically yes but what it depends what subject you want to do. Some are incredibly competitive.
Reply 183
i'm hoping to do secondary maths
Reply 184
Just heard that I have an offer from the University of Birmingham for Secondary English! It's a PGDipEd which means I can also get a masters if I do a dissertation afterwards... So pleased and excited!!!! Anyone else applied there?
Reply 185
Got my conditional offer today for Wolverhampton (General Primary) - add me if you got yours too!
Reply 186
Original post by tommyfromhull

Greta news well done, how did you find out? email or just via Gttr? When did you have your interview?

In answer to your question ref GTP, yes you can still apply via the TDA. There site is really just a conduit in order to submit your application. However as part of the application it does ask if you have applied to anywhere else. It is quite common for students to apply to both PGCE and GTP.

Andy

Original post by tommyfromhull
Hello all,

I have just accepted a PGCE place at Leeds Met. However, can I still apply for a GTP through the TDA? Money is a big issue and I need to keep my options open if I can!

Thanks
Just got an unconditional offer from UEL for the Primary PGCE! So chuffed, especially considering this is my second time applying for Primary :biggrin:
Reply 188
I just accepted an unconditional offer for Primary PGCE from Birmingham City University, 2 months and a day after my interview on the 9th of November. Words cannot describe how happy I am!!!! xo
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alexamae_
I just accepted an unconditional offer for Primary PGCE from Birmingham City University, 2 months and a day after my interview on the 9th of November. Words cannot describe how happy I am!!!! xo

2 months later!!! Wow! Well done you for being so patient!!!
I have just accepted an offer from UEL for the Primary PGCE so excited/scared for September! :biggrin:
Well done all UEL applicants! My sis is on the primary PGCE there at the mo and it seems a great course. Quite a lot have dropped out; the work is immense (like all pgces really!)
Reply 192
Original post by tigergrowl
2 months later!!! Wow! Well done you for being so patient!!!

Thank you :smile: It was worth the extremely long wait - and congratulations to everyone else who has a place. xo
Original post by StarBabyCat
Well done all UEL applicants! My sis is on the primary PGCE there at the mo and it seems a great course. Quite a lot have dropped out; the work is immense (like all pgces really!)

Glad to hear it's good - I know the workload is ridiculous, we had to sign something at interview saying we're happy working a 60-hour+ week (I'm sure it'll be more than that with planning etc). Nothing I've wanted to do more though and I can't wait til September!

Congrats EnidColeslaw, I'll see you there! :smile:
Sooexcited to be joining this thread!! I just recieved an offer from UWIC for the upper prmary pgce!! I so thoguht I'd mucked it up and I am over the moon!! Just neewd to get a 2:2 and I'm there! :biggrin:
Reply 195
I've created a Facebook page for Southampton PGCE'ers!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/128975330555718/

Come and join! There is just Luke and myself there right now :smile:. x
Reply 196
Just accepted a conditional offer from Bangor to do primary 3-7 :biggrin: what a relief! Congratulations to everyone else who has got a place! x
Original post by glittersticks
Congrats EnidColeslaw, I'll see you there! :smile:

Congrats to you too Glittersticks! :smile: Have you received anything from UEL directly? I have only heard from the GTTR so far x
Just got a conditional offer from Reading Uni for Secondary Maths PGCE :smile:
So happy, found out i got offered a place at Roehampton secondary history!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending