Turn on thread page Beta

Musical Instruments watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do u play a musical instrument if what which one? im play the piano on grade 7 and grade 8 theory.. its brilliant!! I'd love to play the sax though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    Do u play a musical instrument if what which one? im play the piano on grade 7 and grade 8 theory.. its brilliant!! I'd love to play the sax though!
    i play the piano.

ReputationRep:
    i play clarinet. i also play keyboard a bit, sing a bit and am learning bass guitar but its really hard!!!

ReputationRep:

if you live in the west mids- i know a great sax teacher

ReputationRep:
    I play rockin rock guitar and love it to bits, been learning three years now its such an excellent instrument. You can make so much progress with only limited teaching, once you know the basics you can go as far as you want. Plus, all the gear (guitar, amp effects etc.) is so damn fun cool and sexy. I mean whoever drooled over pictures of the latest flute or euphonium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    I don't play any instrument, but I wish I did. I wouldn't wanna start playing the guitar because so many people play that... piano or drums probably. The sax is pretty cool too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    no i don't live there.. i ant got time anyway but if i did id definatly take it up4 a hobby! do u think its hard 2 learn/play?

ReputationRep:
    i play oboe, i love my oboe to bits!!(hes called derek) im also learning guitar working in a guitar shop (shes called penelope).
    im not like amazing at any of them but its damn fun!
    ive been through a mad range of instrumenst tho, started on violin and recorder then tried pianon flute n so ive dabbled in bits n pieces i would love to be one of thos people who are like amazing at everything!

ReputationRep:
    no i don't live there.. i ant got time anyway but if i did id definatly take it up4 a hobby! do u think its hard 2 learn/play?
    its similar fingering as recorder, if you can read music (which u obviosly can at grade 8 theory) then most instruments become easier to play! as u only have to mast technique. being used to playing piano the wind side is a vdeery different technique but you would probably pick it up fairly easily

ReputationRep:
    I play Piano, Alto Sax, and I do singing.

Taking grade 8 singing in July... ARGH!

Alto Sax is great fun to play. I picked it up when I was on grade 5 for piano and in a couple of months I was playing grade 5 pieces for the sax. It's pretty easy to get into, especially seeing as you have a good music history going on there!!

I took my grade 5 theory (got distinction...hehe!) and then stopped. What are the grades like after grade 5? I've never even thought about doing them!

ReputationRep:
    i used to play the viola but i stopped when i realised it was very sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I took my grade 5 theory (got distinction...hehe!) and then stopped. What are the grades like after grade 5? I've never even thought about doing them!
    Wow, nice one for the distinction on grade5! Impressive
    After gr5 u kinda fo into more depth of the music and write about differnt composers from different periods, its abit boring but interesting to find how music envolved and changed through time. There is quite a big step between gr5 and gr6, as gr6 in more in the advanced upper levels and like equal to a a level. I enjoy playing more beacuse u can express urself and put ur personality into it - grade 6 practical was greta.. u get a wider selection of music inc pure jazz! i love jazz piano - thats y i wanted ot play the sax

ReputationRep:
    play Cello since ages, was Ok but now after a 1,5 gap years it sounds horrible.

ReputationRep:
    last time i played the piano was my grade 8 exam the summer before uni. didn't really like it, probably biggest benefit was for cv/ucas. just (actually just) passed, was delighted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    last time i played the piano was my grade 8 exam the summer before uni. didn't really like it, probably biggest benefit was for cv/ucas. just (actually just) passed, was delighted.
    Orr Congrats! So how were the pieces for gr8?.. i'm quite looking forward to being that talented!!

ReputationRep:
    I have played/still play:

Piano, Violin, Clarinet, Keyboard, Irish Whistle and Guitar, and also 2 years of singing lessons. Did grades 1-2 in piano, 1-4 in violin but my violin teacher was horrible and my piano teacher moved away and i never got another one.

ReputationRep:
    Orr Congrats! So how were the pieces for gr8?.. i'm quite looking forward to being that talented!!
    lol i'm not talented. just trying to block the memory of it out, lol. i think the examiner took pity on me and let me pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    lol i'm not talented. just trying to block the memory of it out, lol. i think the examiner took pity on me and let me pass.
    Ha, oo takes alot 4 an examiner to b nice though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I have played/still play:

Piano, Violin, Clarinet, Keyboard, Irish Whistle and Guitar, and also 2 years of singing lessons. Did grades 1-2 in piano, 1-4 in violin but my violin teacher was horrible and my piano teacher moved away and i never got another one.
    U pklay loadz of instruments!! which one can u play ebst?

What instruments ur fave?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, oo takes alot 4 an examiner to b nice though!
    before me exam i left my previous teacher of say 7 years because she didn't think i'd pass, and i went back to my early teacher (who we had left because we thought she couldn't really teach much past grade 4), so it wasn't the best preparation. Plus is was a couple of weeks after a-levels. All i wanted to do was pass the final grade, and basically please my parents (somehow justfiy all the money spent).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.