The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL or Surrey????

i'm stuck between these two for my insurance choice. i've applied to the same course L111 (econ with finance), and got offers from both (BBB and BBC respectively).

i was wondering how good is RHUL? whats the department like? how clever are the teachers/students? how is it to live there? what course are you doing? whats the employabilitylike? what would you change if you had a choice?

thnx for help
RHUL is infinitely more renowned than Surrey.. It's also UoL which makes a huge difference. Campus is nicer and professors are much better.

It's a complete no brainer.. it really is.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
surrey undergrads are better for employment than rhul ppl due to 'work' year.

but how good are the lecturers in RHUL?
Reply 3
work year?
uthinkilltellu
surrey undergrads are better for employment than rhul ppl due to 'work' year.

but how good are the lecturers in RHUL?

University of East London also has courses with work years. Doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

RHUL if part of the University of London Careers service which is damn good.
Reply 5
Judging by what I've seen of both, I would personally choose RHUL. The campus is, as fonzievision said, considerably nicer and I also think it benefits greatly from being a University of London, this is not to say I'm putting down the Uni of Surrey down in anyway of course. The rankings tables should correlate with what I've said.
Reply 6
Hey

I was choosing between RHUL and Surrey for psychology. RHUL is better because its better known for psychology and is part of the university of london, but Surrey has its benifits of all its courses being 4 years and the work placement year makes them very high in the tables for employment after uni.

Id firstly suggest visiting them both if you havent already. Im a strong believer in the fact that when you visit unis you know whether its for you or not, e.g. I visited a uni in the summer and knew straight away It wasnt for me and I opted to go to the outlet mall next door instead.. hehe.

If youve been to both and still cant decide then Im not too sure what else to suggest. Maybe try and talk to current students at both unis?

RHUL have an online forum:http://134.219.202.175/bb/index.php?sid=77d97487ab52082c803d6ea2984395c3

Surrey SU forum: http://www.ussu.co.uk/

I personally think Im going to opt for RHUL. Its very well known for psychology and I like the atmosphere. Its quite small compared to Surrey and seems very friendly. RHUL seems more me than Surrey, although Surrey will be my insurance!

Good luck

Em xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending