Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I want to keep my body trim and stay fit, so I was deciding to invest in a cross-trainer.
    is it worth getting and is it effective..does it actually work??
    (sorry if this is in the wrong section!)

ReputationRep:
    Personallly, i prefer my trainers to be friendly, but wahtever floats your boat.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh if you can afford one their great, tho why not just pay for the gym and work other parts as well.

ReputationRep:
    ^ If I get a gym membership I won't have time to go, so its more conveniant if I get something that I can use at home.
    I just wanted to keep my body generally looking more toned, so I think a cross-trainer looks like the perfect choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxnizxx)
    ^ If I get a gym membership I won't have time to go, so its more conveniant if I get something that I can use at home.
    I just wanted to keep my body generally looking more toned, so I think a cross-trainer looks like the perfect choice.
    Although it looks like you've already made your mind up, why don't you just go for a run, and buy some free weights maybe.

ReputationRep:
    ^ You know what I would love to go jogging!!..but none of my friends are up for it, as they think its too cold in the mornings, and that's the best time to go. And I really don't want to go on my own!

ReputationRep:
    Cross trainers are so painful. I'm kinda short so i have to stretch a bit further than most i guess, but still, even if you don't use the arm things you can see them whizzing by next to you and that REALLY gets to me.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation to you and I think it is definitely worht getting one. You can combine aerobic with resistance exercise and vary it as you improve. You can exercise in front of the tv or listen to whatever music you want, and what made it perfect for me was being able to use it at any time of day. I don't want to go out running in the dark so it's good to be able to use my cross trainer whenever I want. It is way cheaper than a gym membership and you will get more use out of it.

ReputationRep:
    My gym only costs £1 a time and opens until 11pm

So really it isn't better fr me.
    But we arent talking about me I know.

ReputationRep:
    Rowing machines are better.

I use mine for around an hour a day now nad you can see the differences in short times.

New veins sprout everyday in the arms and I got tone lines on the stomach.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.