The Student Room Group

The interview discussion & help thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by NickiMay
Me too! I'm just worried its conditional because I have already done my degree and worked ina school for a year and a half? What on earths the condition?! x

well if you click on the course (upper primary) or whatever u went for, then it takes u to a page of conditions..mine were to have gcse grade c math eng n sci (which i already do) and then a minimum of a 2:2 in my degree, it also outlined that i needed to apply for a crb and health check within 28 days of receiving an acceptance letter...and have 5 days shool exp (which i do) so mayb those r your conditions? (to get the crb and health checks sorted).. i guess we wait for something in the post.. ill let you know if i hear anything.
Original post by tamaryn

Original post by tamaryn
I got an email from Joe Mann this morn letting me know that I have an interview on the 13th Jan!! If you would like info on the format of the interview let me know and I can email it to you! good luck!

hi there. was wonderin if u cud email me the format of the interview pls. ive got one on the 6th of feb
Reply 362
Hi guys,

Just found out I have a PGCE Interview for the Primary at IOE on Feb 24th. Anyone else got an interview then? I am a bit unsure of what exactly I am meant to do in the presentation and what I should draw on. If anyone has any good ideas, or advice please let me know!! Good luck everyone!
Reply 363
Original post by CaliforniaCornflakes
Does anyone have any tips on what to speak about in regards to current issues in teaching?

That's what I'm stuck on too. :frown:

My interview is next week :eek: but I only found that out about a week ago, as I'm in the second wave of interviews.

I have loads of ideas, just not sure how to put them into a presentation, and what exactly they are looking for.
Still waiting to hear from UEA, pretty sure it'll happen though, they still have vacancies
How long do you think it will take before you hear from your second choice?!
Hopefully in the next few days really, I've no idea how long UEA typically take so I'm being super optimistic with my guessing :tongue:
Reply 367
Original post by lilly1546
well if you click on the course (upper primary) or whatever u went for, then it takes u to a page of conditions..mine were to have gcse grade c math eng n sci (which i already do) and then a minimum of a 2:2 in my degree, it also outlined that i needed to apply for a crb and health check within 28 days of receiving an acceptance letter...and have 5 days shool exp (which i do) so mayb those r your conditions? (to get the crb and health checks sorted).. i guess we wait for something in the post.. ill let you know if i hear anything.

Hi! Yeah I clicked it and its the same, I guess they've given everyone a conditional, I was worried there was something I needed to do that I wouldn't be able to. But I'm feeling more positive now.
Original post by robo donkey
Hopefully in the next few days really, I've no idea how long UEA typically take so I'm being super optimistic with my guessing :tongue:

Lol my application got referred to my second choice (uni of leicester) a week ago so was wondering how long is appropriate before i ring up and ask whats happening.
Reply 369
Original post by lilly1546
sooo happy! got a conditional offer for the goldsmiths primary PGCE :smile: good luck everyone! seems like loads of responses r getting sent 2day!

ALSO, congratulations of course!!! Have u accepted? I'm so excited now! xx
Reply 370
If anyone has got onto doing FS & KS1 Primary PGCE at Roehampton, drop me an email and i'll add you onto the group ive made on Facebook.

[email protected]
Hope this can help someone.

I had an interview recently at Canterbury Christ Church University for a Primary PGCE.

The day went sort of something like this:

CRB form filling out (chance to talk to other interviewees, it will help calm you down!)

Maths test (10 questions, 10 minutes, fractions, percentages, shapes as well as addition subtraction multiplication etc..)

Introduction talk about the course

Group presentation - given a question to talk about and present

Written test - Write about the presentation you just did.

Group interview - interviewer raises questions about education/school/teachers role etc, it's just a general chat really.

Finish!

Good luck!
Hello all, anybody else had an interview or got an interview for Canterbury PGCE Art and Design?

Was wondering what the group interview entails and if the presenation we have to do powerpoint? I no silly question, but thought i would ask anyway:smile:

Do we also have a Maths and English test?

Thanks Catriona
Hi, has anybody been to interviews at these universities? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, I have them both this month (Sunderland tomorrow!) and I'm sooo nervous.

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 374
I have a sunderland one aswell tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by IBHC12

Original post by IBHC12
Hi guys,

Just found out I have a PGCE Interview for the Primary at IOE on Feb 24th. Anyone else got an interview then? I am a bit unsure of what exactly I am meant to do in the presentation and what I should draw on. If anyone has any good ideas, or advice please let me know!! Good luck everyone!

Best of luck. I have applied in IOE too (PGCE Primary). I haven't heard anything yet... I have no clue about the presentation, sorry. But, please do let me know how was the whole process of your interview, especially the presentation stuff. Thanks. I'm highly worried...:s-smilie:
Reply 376
Original post by shakeyjess

Original post by shakeyjess
Hey Everyone,

In need of some help please!! I have my PGCE interview at the Birmingham primary training partnership and I'm SO nervous!

I was wondering if anyone else has their interview's next Tuesday there? or if anyone has had one before there and what they expect????

Jess.

re PGCE interview at BPTP

Hey Jess,

How was your interview? I had mine yesterday...
hi I'm interviewing for post compulsory - art and design at Christ. I think the letter I got is confusing - that im not expected to use power point, but i need to hand out power point notes, makes no sense.
As for the maths & English - if u have GCSE grade 'c' the no, if you don't:
Q) I don’t have the required GCSEs. What can I do?
A) The University offers equivalency tests to eligible applicants that are successfully interviewed and offered a place on the programme. (*English and Maths tests are not available to applicants for the PGCE Primary general full-time programme).
source: http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/courses/prospectus/pgce/PGCE-FAQ.asp
Hi,

I've recently recived an invitiation for an Interview at Bishop Grosstesste University for the Primary Education with QTS teaching degree..

This is my top choice for university and so i REALLY want to get in.

However, It says I have to do a Group Task, a written assessment and a maths test....

I just wondered if anyone knew what level of maths i should be expecting and what sort of questions i should be revising (as I'm not the most confident person at maths)...and any tips etc.

thank you x
Reply 379
Hiya, ive just been invited to an interview as well, I've heard that the math test is based upon ks2 maths, but I don't think that it's anything to worry about because it is just used to assess where your strengths and weaknesses lie, so they can help you more if you get accepted.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending