Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, at my school there's quite a few of us who haven't heard anything from Manchester.

I didn't even get a response letter etc. which all of the other uni's (bar York) were kind enough to send...not even an email!

Anyone feel they're taking their time a bit? I sent my application in September and nothing. They don't reply to emails either.

But it has helped in a way...now I know that I'll never go to Manchester if this is the way they run things over there???

What's your experience of them? (I applied for English & Linguistics but my mates are still waiting for other departments too)?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    i've applied too and havent heard anything yet..but then again,they probably do get enough applications to keep them busy
    btw,i applied for management&leisure..

ReputationRep:
    They sent me something in December :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Manchester within a few days of applying.

ReputationRep:
    Meh,well they were bloody quick to reject me.Don't know if that reassures you.

ReputationRep:
    heya!i got an email saying 'did u kno one in five ppl that applied uni applied manchester'. dunno if that helps at all lol. I think they're just cushioning the blow of rejection!I applied english and being a heavily subscribed course will most definently be the latest to reply. sorry babe ur in for a wait.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester has been slow to reply me too.Just relaz or maybe you can email to enquire if there has been totally no news so far.

ReputationRep:
    they must be doing it randomly i see people with better grades being rejected, and those with lower grades accepted....funny thing is personal statements pretty much the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmy18)
    heya!i got an email saying 'did u kno one in five ppl that applied uni applied manchester'. dunno if that helps at all lol. I think they're just cushioning the blow of rejection!I applied english and being a heavily subscribed course will most definently be the latest to reply. sorry babe ur in for a wait.
    I got that email too! It was agesssssssss ago though, I think it came at the start of November.

To the OP- I've applied for linguistics too, no response. A girl I met at my UCL interview hadn't heard anything either, but has a friend currently studying Eng lang/ling and he had told her that the department is currently in abit of a mess as there have been staff changeovers, meaning responses to applications are taking awhile. She didn't give any sort of time scale though.

ReputationRep:
    Last yr they were mega quick, got a reply within about a month.

ReputationRep:
    same here . still havnt heard from them

ReputationRep:
    friend heard from them within a month, probs just slow for certain courses?

ReputationRep:
    the problem is that manchester gets the most undergraduate applications out of all of the UK universities - hence the delay.

i tried looking for the fig

EDIT:it's over 60,000 each year

ReputationRep:
    They there the quickest to send me 2 offers!
    Got there offer the 1st day and 3rd day back after the new year!

ReputationRep:
    i've applied for english and linguistics and all i got was an acknowledgement of application letter.You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    I got their email a few hours after applying which gives me info about login to their uni website to see my applications.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email with the Manchester Track password ages ago, my application should have been considered by 28/11, but I haven't heard anything from them yet...it's quite weird...

ReputationRep:
    From what I heard Manchester is the quickest uni to reply their applicants, about 6 of my friends who applied there heard from them within a week and all got offers.

However it could be that different courses take different times.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester are slower with English. I applied in early October and got an offer late in December (couple of days after the Oxford rejection - softened the blow a bit!)
    I know lots of English applicants who havn't heard anything so don't worry. They only sent me a confirmation email weeks after I applied and it was prety basic. Other than that the first I saw was it appearing on ucastrack.

I spoke to a friend, they said that manchester has received more applications than usual and that they're just finding it hard to cope? Either way it took them since 11Nov to now to give me my answer....Conditional!

Too late, left it soo long I've changed my mind - not going to say yes now lol

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.