The Student Room Group

Nato helicopters kill Pakistan checkpoint soldiers

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

source? What's the point of making the thread without a source?

Unless you forgot it or something
Reply 2
Original post by chickenonsteroids
source? What's the point of making the thread without a source?

Unless you forgot it or something

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15901363
Reply 3
All there is left to be said is that chuck a bag full of $$$ at the Pakistani govt and it never happened.
Reply 4
Shall be interesting to see the nature of this and why it happened
Reply 5
Original post by Scarface-Don
Pakistan is extremely immature by cutting supplies to NATO forces in response. How many NATO soldiers have been killed by Pakistani-trained and armed insurgents?

Extremely immature or just retaining a sense of sovereignty (what's left of it anyway)?

If the USA cuts its aid to Pakistan, the country would starve to death.

The government will starve, either an Islamist party will come in or it'll become a bitch for China.
Original post by Aj12
Shall be interesting to see the nature of this and why it happened

Pakistan gets threatened by the US.

The governments bags more money.

The people of Pakistan lose out.

If that happened to US soldiers - the US would be on Pakistani soil like a shot.

I suppose this incident would be considered "isolated", and was a result of "friendly fire" or it is just "collateral damage".
Bunch of Taliban lookalikes on a mountain = air strike according to America.

Just watch the BBC interview on it. A Pakistani official said this.
Original post by Florrick

The government will starve, either an Islamist party will come in or it'll become a bitch for China.

I highly doubt an Islamist party will come in. Religious parties tend to garner less than 3-5% of votes and this figure is ever decreasing.
In the next general election, it is expected that religious parties will be wiped out.

China's bitch- :rolleyes: Are you actually serious?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I highly doubt an Islamist party will come in. Religious parties tend to garner less than 3-5% of votes and this figure is ever decreasing.
In the next general election, it is expected that religious parties will be wiped out.

China's bitch- :rolleyes:

I don't know the real voting figures for Pakistani elections, too many allegations of electoral fraud and it also got 3-3.9 on the Corruption Perceptions Index, 2010, which shows it's fairly insincere. I think it's better to err on the side of caution.

Fact is the Pakistani population is largely anti-American/pro-Chinese, so no liberation excuse is going to work there. Whether an Islamist party will come in, I don't know.
Reply 10
BBC News reported that it was unprovoked and indiscriminate and NATO is looking to investigate the 'incident'.

Th soldiers were killed in their sleep.

There was no millitant activity happening at the time.

Death to NATO and America. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

I don't know the real voting figures for Pakistani elections, too many allegations of electoral fraud and it also got 3-3.9 on the Corruption Perceptions Index, 2010, which shows it's fairly insincere. I think it's better to err on the side of caution.

Fact is the Pakistani population is largely anti-American/pro-Chinese, so no liberation excuse is going to work there. Whether an Islamist party will come in, I don't know.

Yes this is true.
@ The_Male_Melons, They are China's bitch. You want a whole 100 google pages of evidence and sources? Or shall you eliminate your own ignorance?
Reply 12
Original post by bigteamug
BBC News reported that it was unprovoked and indiscriminate and NATO is looking to investigate the 'incident'.

Th soldiers were killed in their sleep.

There was no millitant activity happening at the time.

Dead to NATO and America. :smile:

Some people need their computers taken from them.
Reply 13
Original post by Aj12
Some people need their computers taken from them.

:colondollar::colone:

I don't believe some religious party will come in. It is most unlikeliest thing to ever happen. There is more chance of a religious nutcase being elected in the USA than Pakistan.

Yes, the Pakistani population is largely Anti-American- you can't blame them? Their govenment is still the US lapdog.

Yes, they are pro Chinese- doesn't mean they are China's bitch.
Washington has managed to push Islamabad to the welcoming arms of Moscow/ (or even Tehran) - doesn't Pakistan is now Russia's bitch or (Iran's for that matter)

For now, Pakistan is still the lapdog of the US government despite being locked up in a cage, forced to starve and accept the abuse it gets.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by blueray
Yes this is true.
@ The_Male_Melons, They are China's bitch. You want a whole 100 google pages of evidence and sources? Or shall you eliminate your own ignorance?

10000 google pages....

Looked on google- says China and Pakistan are friends. It also says many countries in the world are friends with China. :eek::eek::eek:

Despite the population being Pro -China does not equal China's bitch.
Reply 16
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I don't believe some religious party will come in. It is most unlikeliest thing to ever happen. There is more chance of a religious nutcase being elected in the USA than Pakistan.
Have you polled the religiosity of Pakistan and the USA?
Have you polled the religiosity of Pakistan and the USA?

Say whaaaaaaaaa?

I don't think there has ever been a religious party that was ever elected in Pakistan. I don't believe they are going to be in power.

Yes, there is anti-American feeling - does not equate religious party sweeping the country in elections.

Only a moron can equate "anti-american feeling=religious party on the rise"

Nice to know you ignored the rest of my message.
I wonder when NATO will realise that these sort of unprovoked, "mistaken identity" killings are the exact thing that breeds extremism. Every time NATO "accidentally kills" 1 person 10 new insurgents are created.
Original post by Existentialistic
I wonder when NATO will realise that these sort of unprovoked, "mistaken identity" killings are the exact thing that breeds extremism. Every time NATO "accidentally kills" 1 person 10 new insurgents are created.

Exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending