Turn on thread page Beta

well does it? i only recently found out i need glasses and have started wearing some not all the time jus for tv, driving, not all the time, but some people have sed tht wearing glasses can make u **** eyed, is this relaly true? they say u focus ur eyes nito the centre of the lens and this makes u look **** eyed after sometime

tbh i didnt believe this but now lots of ppl are saying it tht i know and so i was hoping the TSR members could answer this, thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does.

If you wear it for more than 3 hours your eyes grow fungi.

ReputationRep:
    Take a look for yourself. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/6713e485.jpg
    I wear mine every day, all day, since year 6, I'm now 18. The only time I ever take them off is for photographs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altus_Presencia)
    Take a look for yourself. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/6713e485.jpg
    I wear mine every day, all day, since year 6, I'm now 18. The only time I ever take them off is for photographs.
    show off :p:

No, wearing glasses doesn't make you go cross eyed, but I do wonder why sometimes people look like they should be wearing glasses when they aren't even though you haven't seen them with glasses before.

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought glasses make people look **** eyed, I personally think some people look better with glasses. Also makes you look more sophisticated :p:

ReputationRep:
    what on earth is '**** eyed'?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stikatoo)
    what on earth is '**** eyed'?

:confused:
    When your eyes kind of settle looking inwards
    http://childstudy.org/nti/production...20cockeyed.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Aww she's such a cute toddler.

And I have been wearing glasses since I was 2 and I certainly am not cross eyed. Don't believe everything you hear.

ReputationRep:
    No, it doesn't.

But.. people seem to think that if you wear glasses then you are cross-eyed. I wore glasses from the age of four up until fourteen and people just called me **** eye, bog eye, four eyes. Obviously as it went on I just laughed it off, but what the morons don't seem to understand is that people may need glasses for being long/short sighted, or simply for reading.

I now wear contact lenses, and I've got to say it's one of the best things I have ever done. A few people in my class need to get glasses, but they say there not getting them because they don't want to get laughed at, and the funny thing is the people who used to skit me over my glasses now either, wear them themselves, or have siblings wearing them.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hehe I'm only show off because I didn't know what it meant either :P

ReputationRep:
    I wear glasses and i don't have **** eyes.

My freind has to wear glasses BECAUSE she is **** eyed. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lowlights-now.com/ipw-web...-eyed-girl.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    http://www.lowlights-now.com/ipw-web...-eyed-girl.jpg
    Marilyn eyed?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to post something else. But then I didn't So I posted that.

ReputationRep:
    erm yes if you wear glasses for too long then your eyes pop out of your head and knock your glasses off i guess its your bodies way of telling you that you shouldnt be wearing them....

dont believe stuff like that i mean come on grownups dont have wierd eyes and most of them have probably being wearing them for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biffy Clyro)
    I've never thought glasses make people look **** eyed, I personally think some people look better with glasses. Also makes you look more sophisticated :p:
    Exactly, they don't make you look **** eyed. I wear glasses all the time, i have been wearing them since i was 8 yrs old i am 18 now so yeah 10 years. They do make you look sophisticated as long as you get a pair of glasses that look good for your face and face shape.

ReputationRep:
    All you four-eyes just keep telling yourself that its ok, it might come true.

ReputationRep:
    It IS okay. You're not going to get ****-eyed or anything because of glasses, if anything glasses are GOOD cause you see so much better with them.

When I wear contacts no one can even tell that I wore glasses or need to wear glasses unless they look close enough to see the circle around my iris...

So no ill-effects there. =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.