The Student Room Group

Whats your favourite Indian curry

I had such a nice indian yesterday, that i thought i should make this topic.

My favourite is chicken tikka rogon josh.

I hate ch. tk mossala and korma.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My tastes always change - I often like very hot things or something completely mild and creamy if I'm in the mood.

At the moment, I'm into Tikka Bhunas and Pathias :drool:
Reply 2
is it just me but I personally feel like Indian food tastes much better in the UK, or EU than in India ?

and FYI im not Asian.
Reply 3
Honestly, authentic indian restaurants are extremely rare. Indian food over here is generally adapted to english tastes.
Which is why if you use a proper indian recipe it won't be like your local curryhouse, both kinds are good though.

Anyway I'm boring, lamb Madras for me, very aromatic, plenty of flavour, good level of heat. I'm not picky, i'll pass on kormas/pasanda most of the time though because they're often oversweetened and sickly.
And variety being the spice of life, if theres something new to me i'll likely try that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Naan bread + Prawn Madras.

Winning combination!
Reply 5
There's La-HOADS of Indian Curry topics, check 'em for other opinions TC:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1773547

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1722471

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1817371

There are loads of others but there's just a couple to help you out :biggrin:
chicken tikka masala
Awww, no! This question pops up when I'm really hungry! I love all Indian food, but my favourite is a nice chicken vindaloo with peshwari naan. Lovely. :u:.
Original post by Calabria
is it just me but I personally feel like Indian food tastes much better in the UK, or EU than in India ?

and FYI im not Asian.

because the indian restaurants and take aways modify their foods to suit your taste preferences better. The same applies to the chinese food. I have noticed the taste of burgers such as MC D's big mac differ in China, Middle East and the UK according to what people like in that region.
Chicken Pathia
Reply 10
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
because the indian restaurants and take aways modify their foods to suit your taste preferences better. The same applies to the chinese food. I have noticed the taste of burgers such as MC D's big mac differ in China, Middle East and the UK according to what people like in that region.

I went to Thailand and had a KFC thats was 'spicy' and it blew my head off, i ate about 3 pieces (wings) before giving up. Im no shrinking violet either, il always order a vindaloo :/
Also they have a dish with gravy and mash in Thai KFC's :biggrin:
Reply 11
man i hate curry, give me an english any day :biggrin: and im asian :wink:
Original post by Lerone
I went to Thailand and had a KFC thats was 'spicy' and it blew my head off, i ate about 3 pieces (wings) before giving up. Im no shrinking violet either, il always order a vindaloo :/
Also they have a dish with gravy and mash in Thai KFC's :biggrin:

Gravy and Mash in KFC! hmmm :confused:
Ah I don't blame you for giving up, I would give up after the first bite. I can't even deal with mild spice. Even Nandos' mild spicy chicken wings are a tad too hot for me. Embarrassing
Reply 13
People on TSR going to say either

KORMA/ MADRAS

thats just made up, they don't even have that in india.
Reply 14
Original post by Air_wolf
man i hate curry, give me an english any day :biggrin: and im asian :wink:

Your english is probably pasta and noodles :rolleyes:

which is italian and chinese.
Reply 15
Original post by Fight-or-Flight

yes, i'm aware of that, and I know that's why I like it more here.
I've also tried Indian food in the Middle East and I didn't like it either.
Reply 16
Original post by DontJudge
Your english is probably pasta and noodles :rolleyes:

which is italian and chinese.

hellooo miss not judging, are u following me? please?
lol whats with the weird assumption? actually my english consists of birds eye waffles, fried eggs, beans and quorn sausages :smile: for breakfast on the weekend, as well as, shepards pies, ocean pies and an unlimited supply of mr hollands delicious cheese and onion pies :smile:.
oh and the odd fish and chips now and again but very rarely. I do believe these are understood to be english dishes?
but i love pasta and noodles :biggrin: and mexican anything really that isnt my own cultures culinary expertise :smile:
There used to be a takeaway place near where I used to live and they did something called tandoori cheese chicken. That was amazing, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Sadly I can't find it anywhere else, I think they just made it up. It was so tasty. By far my favourite curry.

I have no idea if it's authentic, very likely it isn't, but I couldn't care less.
Reply 18
Original post by Air_wolf
hellooo miss not judging, are u following me? please?
lol whats with the weird assumption? actually my english consists of birds eye waffles, fried eggs, beans and quorn sausages :smile: for breakfast on the weekend, as well as, shepards pies, ocean pies and an unlimited supply of mr hollands delicious cheese and onion pies :smile:.
oh and the odd fish and chips now and again but very rarely. I do believe these are understood to be english dishes?
but i love pasta and noodles :biggrin: and mexican anything really that isnt my own cultures culinary expertise :smile:

Eh...what are you talking about...I don't remember you at all. :dontknow:

STM you see.
Reply 19
I love Lamb Korma. And a good lot of chipatis.
I can't have the almond powder that goes in the Lamb Korma from my local indian, so mines always a slightly different colour to the other ones in the restaurante.

I can't handle spice AT ALL, the hotest thing I can eat is Wagamama Curry Sauce (the one on the Katsu Curry) I can't go any hotter than that...

Quick Reply

Latest